In Sanatan Dharma, Tulsi is worshiped not just as a plant but as a goddess. It is being said that the Tulsi plant is a symbol of happiness and prosperity. It increases positive energy around your house. That is why Tulsi Ji is worshiped in most Hindu families. But do you know that apart from religious importance, it is also medicinal? It is believed that due to its medicinal properties, Tulsi is used to cure many diseases and illnesses. In Ayurveda, every part of Tulsi is said to be beneficial from a health point of view.
For thousands of years, Tulsi (Basil) has been used as a healthy response to physical, emotional, and environmental stress. Modern research has described Tulsi (Basil) as an adaptogenic herb that helps the body fight stress and provides immunity.
Often there are many questions in our mind about the Tulsi plant. When should we offer it some water or when should we pluck its leaves? What should be done if Basil starts withering? In today’s article, we are going to give you some similar information related to Tulsi Plant.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Know About Your Career, Finance, Health, Love Life Etc.
Tulsi: The Incarnation of Maa Lakshmi
Tulsi is said to be an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi. As she is very dear to Lord Krishna, she is also considered as revered. It is believed that Vrindavan Dham was named Vrindavan because of Vrinda i.e.Tulsi as there are many forests of Tulsi in this area. Therefore, in Sanatan Dharma, great importance has been given to this goddess who provides devotion to Krishna to the devotees.
Rituals To Worship Tulsi Plant
- After taking bath in the morning, fold your hands in front of the Tulsi plant and offer flowers and fruits, light the Diya, and worship.
- Sit near Tulsi Ji and chant Tulsi Gayatri Mantra 108 times with Tulsi garland, wishing for happiness.
- Gayatri Mantra –
ॐ श्री तुलस्यै विद्महे। विष्णु प्रियायै धीमहि। तन्नो वृंदा प्रचोदयात।।
oṃ śrī tulasyai vidmahe। viṣṇu priyāyai dhīmahi। tanno vṛṃdā pracodayāta।।
- Chant the eight names of Tulsi namely Vrinda, Vrindavani, Vishwapujita, Vishwapavani, Pushpasara, Nandini, Tulsi, and Krishnajivani.
- Light a Diya in front of Tulsi in the evening. By doing this practice, there is always an atmosphere of happiness and peace in the house.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All Possible Solutions To Your Life Problems!
Right Way To Offer Water In The Tulsi Plant
It is said that while offering water to the Sun and Tulsi Ji, one must do circumambulation. According to Padma Purana, Brahma Ji resides in the root of Tulsi Ji, Shri Hari Vishnu in the central part and Lord Shiva resides in Manjari (seed-balls). Therefore, water should always be given to the Tulsi Ji while going from the root to the leaves.
Should I Keep Shaligram In The Tulsi Plant Or Not?
Shaligram is also a form of Lord Vishnu. According to a story described in ancient times, Tulsi Devi was a very pious woman named Vrinda. By following her Pativrata Dharma, she punished Lord Vishnu for killing her husband and cursed the Lord to turn into stone. Due to the curse of Tulsi Ji, Lord Vishnu came in the form of Shaligram and Queen Vrinda started flowing in the form of the Gandaki river and her hair became the Tulsi plant. Therefore, the Shaligram form of God can be established with the Tulsi plant.
Measures To Prevent The Tulsi Plant From Drying Out
- Always keep the Tulsi plant in the East, North, or North-East direction.
- Never keep Tulsi plant with any thorny plant.
- The Tulsi plant should always be kept slightly above the ground.
- While planting the Tulsi plant, always use 70% soil and 30% sand in it.
- Weeding the soil on a timely basis will prevent water from collecting in the plant.
- Never put too much water in the Tulsi plant, this plant does not require a lot of water.
- When your Tulsi plant will be grown up completely and the Manjari starts sprouting on it, separate it from the plant. If you will not follow this, then the plant will behave like her life is complete and starts drying up.
- Always keep in mind that you should not use your fingernail and index finger while breaking the Manjari.
- To prevent Tulsi from getting weed, sprinkle neem oil on the plant from time to time.
- Tulsi leaves should not be eaten immediately after adding neem oil.
- If you have a lot of Tulsi plants in your house then always keep them in odd numbers.
How Is Tulsi A Protective Shield Against Diseases?
- Tulsi leaves must be kept in the offerings of Lord Krishna and in the offerings of the Satyanarayana. Failure to do so will not make the puja complete.
- Drinking a decoction made by mixing honey, ginger and Basil provides relief in asthma, phlegm, and cold.
- By consuming 11 leaves of Basil with 4 black peppercorns, malaria and typhoid can be cured.
- In case of irregularities in periods, using Basil seeds is beneficial.
- Its consumption increases red blood cells and increases the level of hemoglobin.
- If facing problems such as earache or runny ears, pouring lukewarm juice of Basil leaf in the ear will be beneficial.
- For getting rid of bad breath, using Basil leaves is beneficial to a great extent
- It is very beneficial for acne, by using it regularly the face becomes clean.
- If there is an injury, then applying Basil leaves mixed with alum cures the wound immediately.
- Eating Basil leaves keeps the blood clean. This keeps the skin and hair healthy.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!