The Purnima of the Shukla Paksha of the month of Kartik is considered very special and important. Kartik Purnima, also known as “Tripuri Purnima” or “Ganga Snan” in many parts of the country, is the last festival that is celebrated in the month of Kartik. On this day, devotees bathe in the river Ganga, perform Deep Daan, and worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi. It is believed that if you ask for something with a true heart and complete rituals, one is blessed with peace and prosperity.
To Know More About This Week, Talk To The Best Astrologers
According to the Vishnu Puran, on Kartik Purnima, Lord Vishnu turned into his Fish self (Matsya), which is said to be his last avatar. With this special blog by AstroSage, let us learn about the tithi, Muhurat, significance, and some remedies to perform on Kartik Purnima 2022.
Date and Muhurat of Kartik Purnima 2022
Bathing before the sunrise on Kartik Purnima, during the Brahma Muhurat, is considered very auspicious and important. This year, Kartik Purnima 2022 will fall on Tuesday, November 8th, 2022.
Now let us have a look at the Muhurat of Kartik Purnima 2022-
Start of Purnima Tithi: November 7th, 2022, from 4:18 pm
End of Purnima Tithi: November 8th, 2022, till 4:34 pm
Significance of Kartik Purnima 2022
There is an equal significance of Kartik Purnima in the Shiv community (those who worship Lord Shiva) and Vishnu community (those who worship Lord Vishnu). It is believed that Lord Shiva annihilated monsters named Tripurasura and took his Matsya avatar (Fish). The special thing about Kartik Purnima is that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born on this day as well. Hence, it is also celebrated as the ‘Prakash Parv’ or the ‘Guru Purab.’
To Know The Time Of Raj Yoga, Order Now: Raj Yoga Report
Kartik Purnima is said to be the most auspicious day to organize any religious programs. Performing Deep Daan and Ganga Snan helps get rid of all the sins of the devotee performing it. Along with this, there are six Kritikas worshiped on this day. Kritika is a constellation (nakshatra) which has six goddesses who are worshiped on Kartik Purnima as well.
Read this mythological story on Kartik Purnima
According to mythical legends, Tarkasura was a demon who had three sons: Tarakaksha, Kamalaksha, and Vidyunmali (Tripura). When Lord Shiva’s son Lord Kartikeya killed Tarkasura, his three sons began hard penance in order to get revenge. After being impressed by their hard penance, Lord Brahma urged them to request a gift, vardaan, or boon, and they requested immortality. Lord Brahma realized that granting this favor on them would offer them the opportunity to abuse the power of immortality. As a result, he refused to bestow this ability upon them.
Upon hearing this, the three brothers asked for three cities to be built, where they would rule the entire Earth and Heaven. Additionally, after a thousand years, when they meet at one place, all the three cities will unite and the god-goddess who has the ability to destroy all the three cities will kill us with one arrow .
Lord Brahma accepted this request of the Tripurasur and granted them the blessing. Lord Brahma built the three cities- a city of gold for Tarakaksha, silver for Kamalaksha and iron for Vidyunmali. Right after getting their boon from Lord Brahma, the three brothers started creating terror in the Devlok and Earth and tried to establish authority in the heaven.
Find Answers To All Your Questions Now: Ask A Question From A Learned Astrologer
Lord Indra was very unhappy and scared by this and went to Lord Shiva for help. Upon hearing what Lord Indra had to say, Lord Shiva organized a Divya Rath and annihilated the three brothers with only one arrow. Since then, Lord Shiva was known as Tripurari.
Remedies To Perform On Kartik Purnima 2022
- After praying to Goddess Tulsi at the dawn of Kartik Purnima, light a lamp of Desi Ghee before her. This remedy brings joy and prosperity.
- The devotees must worship the Peepal tree. Offering sweet water to the Peepal tree on Kartik Purnima will herald special blessings from Goddess Lakshmi.
- On the night of Kartik Purnima, offer Arghya consisting of milk, Gangajaal and rice to the Moon. Legend has it that doing this removes Chandra Dosh from the Kundli. Always chant the mantra of Chandra Dev: ‘ॐ सों सोमाय नमः’ while offering the Arghya.
- Remember to watch the Moon of Kartik Purnima, especially if your marriage has hit a rough patch. Should the couple observe the moon together and offer arghya with cow-milk to Chandra Dev, the relation between them will take a turn for the better.
- Recite Sri Suktam, Vishnu Sahastranam and Kanakdhara Strot on Kartik Purnima to get rid of all your financial worries and tensions.
The Advantages Of Daan-Snan On Kartik Purnima
- According to the Puranas, Lord Vishnu incarnates as a mermaid (Matsyavatar) every month of Kartik. Bathing in a stream or a pond, and donating charity on this day favors you with a residence in the highest of heavens.
- Bathing during the Brahma Muhurta on Kartik Purnima grants one immunity.
- Taking a bath in natural water bodies on Kartik Purnima helps the devotees get rid of all their sins.
- It is believed that the Gods from the heavens arrive to bathe in the river Ganga. Hence, it is considered to be very auspicious to take a bath in the river Ganga.
- If bathing in Ganga is not possible, you may mix some Gangajal to the water you are showering with.
Chant The Mantras of Goddess Tulsi on Kartik Purnima
Worshiping Tulsi Mata on Kartik Purnima holds a special significance. On this day, when worshiping Goddess Tulsi, you should always recite the mantras dedicated to Her. It should be noted that the pronunciation of the words in the mantras should be clear. It is believed that the recitation of these mantras frees you of economic and all other worries.
Mantra: महाप्रसाद जननी सर्व सौभाग्यवर्धिनी, आधि व्याधि हरा नित्यं तुलसी त्वं नमोस्तुते।।
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for connecting with us!