Kamada Ekadashi fast this year will be observed on 23rd April 2021, as per the Gregorian Calendar. Let us find how it coincides with the Hindu Panchang.
The Kamada Ekadashi fast is observed every year during the Ekadashi Tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Chaitra. Usually the Ekadashi arrives many times in a particular year but the fast of Kamada Ekadashi happens to be a special one. It is believed that one who keeps a fast on this day and listens to the vrat katha witnesses the fulfilment of his/her desires.
This is the reason why this particular Ekadashi is also known as Falda Ekadashi. The word ‘Falda’ can be translated into English as the fulfillment of desires and the word Kamada also means the same thing more or less. The mention of this fast has been found in religious scriptures or Shastras which say that it is the most prevalent fast associated with Lord Vishnu.
World’s Best Astrologers On Call Reveal Your Today’s Horoscope In Detail
Kamada Ekadashi 2021 Shubh Muhurat?
- Parna Muhurat for Kamada Ekadashi – 05:47:12 to 08:24:09 on 24th, April
- Duration: 2 Hour 36 Minutes
Note: The Muhurat timings mentioned above will remain valid for New Delhi area only. In order to know the auspicious Muhurat for your city, Click Here!
Kamada Ekadashi Fast: Importance
On the day of Kamada Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu is worshipped. It is believed that fasting and paying reverence to Lord Vishnu on this day provides a person with relaxation from all kinds of pains and sufferings. The fast of Kamada Ekadashi also regulates one’s mind and body and keeps them balanced.
It can also prove to be efficient to eliminate various kinds of diseases. If there are any unfulfilled desires of a particular human being then he/she can look for their fulfillment after paying homage to Lord Vishnu on this day. Many natives also believe that if one’s husband or child falls prey to a wrong company or a bad habit, then the fast of Kamada Ekadashi can help them to bring them back to the right path.
Get Some Detailed Predictions of your Life with the Colourful Brihat Horoscope Report!!
Kamada Ekadashi Fast and Puja Vidhi
- First and foremost, wake up early in the morning and take a clean bath. Afterwards, wear clean and white clothes and worship Lord Vishnu.
- The fast of Kamada Ekadashi should be Nirjala (one shouldn’t consume any water or food items close).
- While commemorating the Puja rituals you should offer yellow Marigold flowers, a watermelon or mango, sesame seeds, milk and Peda (sweets) and worship him with a devoted heart and mind.
- This Mantra should be chanted – ‘ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाये’,/ ‘oṃ namo bhagavate vāsudevāye’,
- Do not sleep during the night and take part in Bhajans and Kirtans instead.
- There is also quite a great significance of making donations and charity during Ekadashi. In such a situation, you should visit a temple and feed meals to the head priest and also make some donations to him.
Know More About the Upcoming Festivals of this Month: Click Here
Kamada Ekadashi Vrat Katha in Mythology
In the ancient times, a king named Pondrak ruled over a city called Ghungru. The city was also crowded with a significant number of nymphs, Gandharvas and hermaphrodites(Kinnars). Many of them used to flock to the palace of the king. The Gandharvas, nymphs and the Kinnars used to sing, dance and create an euphoric atmosphere. Amongst all the other nymphs, there used to be a special one named Lalita, whose beauty remained the talk of the town. Her husband was called Lalit and he used to stay in the same city with her. There was an immense bond of love between the two of them who used to think about each other all the time.
One fine day, when Lalit was singing in the palace for the king, the sudden thought of his wife crossed his mind and he lost control of his voice. There was a serpent named Karkat present in the court at that time, who could immediately figure out what happened. He went and told the whole thing to King Pondrak. Upon hearing this, the king felt insulted and cursed Lalit to turn into a demon. Due to the curse of the king, Lalit wandered in the other dimension(Rakshasha Yoni) for many years. During this time his wife also continued to follow him but could not watch the plight of her husband.
For Astrological Queries and Solutions, Ask a Question Now!!
Lalit kept wandering in that dimension for many years. One fine day, both Lalit and his wife stumbled upon the great sage called Hrishyamukh, who used to reside in the Vindhya mountains. Lalita immediately pleaded with the hermit to free her husband from the curse.
Upon witnessing their plight, the hermit pitied them and advised the both of them to observe the Kamada Ekadashi fast. They took the blessings of the hermit and went back to their native place and observed the fast with a devoted heart and mind. Consequently, he was relieved of this curse and he came back to his normal state after observing it successfully.
Find Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator
Follow these Rites on Kamada Ekadashi and Put an End to your Woes
- Offer (flowers close) to Lord Vishnu as it ensures one prosperity and success.
- It is also considered auspicious to offer mangoes, watermelon, milk and sweets to the lord.
- Natives should follow the auspicious tradition of offering yellow coloured food items to brahmins on the day of kamada Ekadashi. It ensures the inflow of prosperity and dresses worn with happiness.
- If you want to make it big and successful in life then do not forget to donate gram lentils and yellow coloured sweets to a needy person. Blind if a particular natives is facing problems in getting married then he or she should offer to fresh and draw pieces of turmeric to Lord Vishnu. Whisper your wishes in front of the lord slowly and witness it getting fulfilled very soon.
If not a Fast, then you should definitely observe the following things during Kamada Ekadashi
If you fail to observe a fast on the day of kamada Ekadashi for any particular reason then you can follow the guidelines mentioned below so as to witness the fulfillment of your due Desire and wishes.
- Wake up early in the morning, take a bath and pay your reference to Lord Krishna and Vishnu.
- Maintain a Satvik lifestyle and keep your heart and mind purified. Try to keep yourself away from grains and any other rich and nutritious food items on this day.
- Spend most of your time in paying your reverence to the lord.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
On the day of Kamada Ekadashi, the relevence of worshipping Lord Vishnu as well as Shri Krishna is mentioned in several religious textures. By worshiping Lord Shri Krishna duly on this day, a person can acquire freedom from all of his/her sins.
Things to Keep in Mind During Kamada Ekadashi
- Try to avoid consuming rice on the day of kamada Ekadashi.
- It is also strictly prohibited to use items like garlic, onion and vegetables like brinjal on the day of this Ekadashi.
- It is believed that if a person sticks to a non-vegetarian diet and consumes any intoxicating substances then he/she may have to go through many pains and suffering later on as well as in afterlife.
- It is also considered taboo to include beans in your diet on the day of Kamada Ekadashi. It has been said so because it can prove to be quite harmful for one’s children.
We hope that you will appreciate this blog of ours on Kamada Ekadashi. Thankyou for connecting with us. May the Lord always shower his blessings upon you.