“ॐ भूर्भव: स्व:
तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि धियो यो न: प्रचोदयात्।”
A mantra is one such remedy in Sanatan Dharma, by which the welfare of all organisms, including human beings and other creatures, is possible. The glory of Gayatri Mantra is immense in these chants. This is one of the most effective and wondrous mantras. The significance of Gayatri Mantra in the scriptures is considered equivalent to “Öm” and Mahamrityunjaya Mantra. Savitra Dev is worshipped through Gayatri Mantra. Hence this mantra is also known as Savitri. There is such a belief in Hindu religion that if a person chants this mantra with a true mind and heart, he receives the divine gift. So let’s know the glory of Gayatri Mantra:-
From Where Gayatri Mantra Originated?
How did Gayatri Mantra originate or became a Mahamantra? Many a time people think about these questions. According to the scriptures, Vishwamitra is the sage of Gayatri Mantra and it was first mentioned in Rigveda. Gayatri Mantra is one of the seven verses of the Rig Veda, and in this mantra, there are three terms (Tripda, Vai, Gayatri). It is said that when the symbol of creation was conceived in the form of verses, then the entire world was considered as the form of Tripada Gayatri. On the other hand, when there was a metaphorical interpretation of life in Gayatri, then Gayatri Mantra was composed of the rising glory of Gayatri stanza.
Meaning of Gayatri Mantra
Gayatri Mantra refers to the real purpose of human life. In this Mantra, we describe various forms of Almighty God and pray to him, “O God! You have always inspired us to walk on the true path.” Through this mantra, we hail God as the provider of life, destructor of misery and sin, giver of happiness, superior and fast, and also wish to assimilate them in this form.
Importance of Gayatri Mantra
Due to the infinite power of Gayatri Mantra, it is called Mahamantra. This is one of the most fruitful mantras. This is also the biggest source of spiritual power. While chanting Gayatri Mantra, if there is true reverence in one’s mind and it is chanted as directed, the person can approach God directly. Along with this, this mantra is the solution of troubles and various types of sufferings. This mantra turns out to be good for the welfare of mankind by eliminating darkness and negative forces from life.
Gayatri Mantra Chanting Method
- You should take bath before chanting Gayatri mantra.
- Gayatri Mantra should be chanted in Brahma Muhurta.
- During the period of Pradosh Kaal, you should chant this mantra
- Use Rudraksha mala while chanting
- Number of chants should be at least 108
- Chant the mantra while meditating at the place of worship
- Do not hymn too loud while chanting mantras
Benefits of Gayatri Mantra
By chanting Gayatri Mantra, devotees receive various miraculous benefits. These are:-
- Increase in positive energy and enthusiasm: Gayatri Mantra is a great solution to attain positive vibes. The chanting allows a person to gain positive thoughts. At the same time, the feeling of enthusiasm to carry out good work awakens within the person.
- Glow on Face: If a person is chanting Gayatri Mahamantra regularly, his/her face looks sharp and strong, there’s a glow on face and overall personality improves.
- Stay Away from Negativity: By chanting Gayatri Mantra, negative thoughts get removed and mind gets inclined towards the right direction.
- The mind will be inclined towards religion and welfare of others: Person will be inclined towards social welfare. He will be involved in doing charity. Certainly, the person gets his virtue too.
- Power to fulfil dreams: If Gayatri Mantra is chanted daily, then the person’s self-power and self-confidence increases. The person is able to fulfil his desires and dreams through its power.
We know that the glory of Gayatri Mantra is immense, which is difficult to reconcile in words. But we are hoping that you have liked this article related to Gayatri Mantra.