Venerate Maa Kushmanda by chanting the Mantras! Know the puja rituals, religious importance and auspicious muhurat!
Today, i.e. on 2nd October, 2019, the fourth fast of Navratri will be observed. This day is dedicated to the Kushmanda form of Maa Durga and celebrated with great pomp and show across the country. On the fourth day of Navratri, there is a provision to worship Maa Kushmanda. This name of Maa Kushmanda is a combination of three words, in which ‘Ku’ means Miniature, “Ushma” means energy and “Anda” means Oval. According to the Hindu beliefs, Goddess Durga created the universe in her own oval, elliptical form, and hence earned the name Kushmanda Devi.
Importance of Maa Kushmanda in Astrology
According to Vedic astrology, Maa Kushmanda offers guidance to the father of the Universe i.e. Sun. hence, it is also believed that anyone who worships Maa Kushmanda by fasting on the fourth day of Navratri not only attains her blessings but gets rid of all doshas and afflictions caused by the Sun from his/her kundli.
Maa Kushmanda In Her Form
- Maa Kushmanda is one of the nine forms of Goddess Durga.
- Maa Kushmanda is considered to be another form of Goddess Parvati with 8 arms.
- In these eight arms, the Mother holds the Chakra, Gada, Bow, Arrow, Nectar or Amrit Kalash, Kamandal and Lotus.
- Mother Kushmanda rides the Lion.
Puja Rituals For Fourth Day Of Navratri
Worshipping Goddess Shakti in the form of Maa Kushmanda helps the native attain wealth, happiness and peace in life. The puja rituals for the fourth day of Navratri are as follows:
- Before commencing with the rituals, worship the Kalash Devta, i.e.e Lord Ganesh with devotion.
- Offer flowers, Akshat, Roli, and Sandalwood to Lord Ganesha, bathe him with milk, curd, sugar, ghee, and honey, and offer the Prasad to him.
- After the prasad, offer Achman,Paan, and Betel nut to him.
- After worshiping the Kalesh Devta, worship the Navagraha or Nine Planets, Dash Dikpal, City Deity or Nagar Devta, and Village Deity or Gram Devta.
- Only after worshiping all of them, venerate Maa Kushmanda as per the rituals.
- While worshiping the Goddess, take a flower in your hands and remember her name.
- After this, carry out the Panchopchar of the Goddess and then offer her red flowers, Sindoor, Akshat, Kumkum etc..
- Then perform the Goddess Aarti with Ghee and Camphor.
- At the end, chant the mantras and ask the Mother for forgiveness and peace.
Wear It During Navratri: Navdurga Kavach
Mantras To Appease Maa Kushmanda
ॐ देवी कूष्माण्डायै नमः॥ / oṃ devī kūṣmāṇḍāyai namaḥ॥
सुरासम्पूर्ण कलशं रुधिराप्लुतमेव च। दधाना हस्तपद्माभ्यां कूष्माण्डा शुभदास्तु मे॥
surāsampūrṇa kalaśaṃ rudhirāplutameva ca। dadhānā hastapadmābhyāṃ kūṣmāṇḍā śubhadāstu me॥
Happy Navratri 2019 to all the readers from AstroSage! We hope that the blessings of Goddess Shakti Maa Kushmanda remain on you forever.