Sharad Navratri, the great festival of worshipping Adi Shakti Maa Durga, is going to commence from October 17, Saturday. There is a tradition of venerating all the nine different forms of Maa Durga, i.e., Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri. On the very first day of Navratri, Ghatasthapana i.e. Kalash Sthapana is performed before the Navaratri Puja and all the deities are greeted wholeheartedly. After this, all nine forms of Maa Durga are worshipped. As per Puranas, Kalash is considered to be a form of Lord Vishnu and hence, it is placed and worshipped before venerating Maa Durga. With the help of this article, you will get all the information related to the Vidhi and importance of Ghatasthapana.
Connect With Premium Astrologers On Call @ AstroSage Varta
Ghatasthapana Muhurat: Things To Keep In Mind
Navratri commences with Ghatasthapana. This Ghatasthapana has a special significance in Navratri. Kalash Sthapana takes place on Pratipada i.e. the very day of Navratri. As per religious beliefs, Maa Durga is highly pleased and blesses natives with immeasurable fruits, if Ghatasthapana is performed during Shubh Muhurat. But if Ghatasthapana is not performed during the Shubh Muhurat with due rituals, then the worship performed for nine days is not considered to be fruitful.
Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope for your pleasant life!
Therefore, It is extremely important to have precise knowledge about Ghatasthapana so that the worship performed for nine consecutive days, may not go waste. Ghatasthapana must be performed before the end of the first one-third of the day. In addition to this, Abhijeet Muhurat for Kalash Sthapana is considered to be the best. Minor mistakes may take place in the absence of proper knowledge.
Most Accurate Career Counselling For You: CogniAstro Professional Report
Ghatasthapana Shubh Muhurat
Shardiya Navratri is going to begin from October 17, 2020, i.e. Saturday and will continue till October 26, 2020, i.e. Monday. Firstly, let us know the Shubh Muhurat of Kalash Sthapana.
|Date of Ghatasthapana||October 17, Saturday|
|Time of Ghatasthapana||From 06:23:22 upto 10:11:54|
|Duration||3 hours 48 mins|
Note: The above-mentioned Muhurat is applicable for Delhi only. Click to know Ghatasthapana Muhurat of your city.
Are you looking for a successful and pleasant life? Raj Yoga Report has all answers!
Significance of Ghatasthapana
Ghatasthapana i.e. Kalash Sthapana has its own significance during Navratri. This ritual is performed on the very first day of Navratri and after this, the great festival dedicated to Maa Durga starts. Whether it is Chaitra Navratri or Sharad Navratri, Ghatasthapana is performed during the Shubh Muhurat with due rituals on Pratipada.
As per religious beliefs, the placement of Kalash brings peace and prosperity in the house and is considered to be extremely fruitful. In scriptures, it is mentioned that Kalash depicts Lord Vishnu in its mouth, Rudra in its throat, Brahma in its Mool and Maa Shakti in its centre. During Navratri, Kalash must be placed only after greeting all the worldly powers. Also, It is believed that all the household related problems vanish with Ghatasthapana.
Unending problems in life? Ask questions and know how to overcome them!
Essential Materials to be Used During Ghatasthapana
- A pot of clay with a wide mouth (Pot of Gold, Silver and Copper can also be opted)
- Clay of any holy place
- Sapta Dhanya (7 kinds of grains)
- Plain water (Ganga water, If possible)
- Kalawa / Mouli
- Betel nut
- Leaves of Mango or Ashoka Tree
- Akshat (Raw whole rice)
- Raw Coconut
- Red cloth
- Flowers and Garland of flowers
- Leaves of Peepal, Bargad, Jamun, Ashok and Mango (If all not available then any two among all of them can be opted)
- A lid to cover the Kalash (whether it is of clay or copper)
- Fruits and Sweets
Astrological Remedies to all Financial Problems: Finance Report
- People who have to place the Kalash must wake up at dawn and wear clean clothes after taking a bath on the very first day.
- Clean the place properly and spread a piece of red cloth. Place the idol or photo of the Goddess where the Kalash is to be placed.
- After this, firstly, put soil in any pot and add barley seeds to it. Must keep in mind that there should be some space in the middle to keep the Kalash.
- Place the Kalash in the middle of the utensil, tie it with Mouli and make a Swastika symbol.
- Fill Gangajal in the Kalash and apply a Tilak of Kumkum on it.
- After this, put betel nut, flowers, perfume, Panch Ratna, coins and all five types of leaves in the Kalash.
- Place the leaves in such a way that they must be visible. After this, place a lid on the Kalash and fill the lid with Akshat.
- Now, cover the coconut with a red cloth, tie it with a Raksha Sutra and put it on the lid.
- Keep in mind that the mouth of coconut should be facing you. (The mouth of coconut is the point which is attached to the tree.)
- Worship Kalash with pure intention while greeting all deities.
- Put a Tika on Kalash and offer Akshat, flowers and flower garlands, perfumes, fruits and sweets etc.
- Water barley seeds for nine consecutive days. After a day or two, you will see barley plants sprouting up.
- Many people also light Akhand Jyot while performing Ghatasthapana. If you also do this, then keep in mind that this flame should be kept burning throughout Navratri.
- After the Kalash installation, worship the Shailputri form of Maa Durga.
- Keep in mind that the offerings made to Maa Shailputri should be made with pure cow ghee. Apart from this, if you are facing any problem or suffering from any disease, then offering pure ghee to the Goddess gives auspicious results.
Click here to know the details on Indian Holidays 2020
Note: If you wish, you can perform the rituals as per your will or with the help of any Pandit.
Must Remember These Things During Navratri
Natives who perform the rituals and observe the fast of Maa Durga during Navratri must follow Brahmacharya wholeheartedly. Those natives who observe the fast must eat food once in a day. During this, they can eat only fruits or vegetarian food and drink milk. Also, It is believed that sleeping on the ground during these auspicious nine days proves to be more fruitful. Consuming alcohol and eating non-veg must be avoided. These days, the use of onion and garlic should also be avoided.
On another note, we would also like the readers to know that we will be coming up with the IPL match predictions regularly. Click to get the Predictions for today’s match.
For Astrological Remedies including Gemstones, Yantra, etc., Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Hope you would like the information given above. Thank you for associating with AstroSage!