The festival of Jyeshtha Amavasya will be celebrated on Friday, 22 May. and on the same day, AstroSage is rolling out its super-exclusive ÄstroSage Super Summer Sale, which begins from 22 May, i.e. today and will last till 24 May, Sunday. Get the best deals and offers on our astrology services and find out what the future holds for you. Visit the link to know more about our amazing offers!
In Hinduism, the day of Amavasya is considered very auspicious for carrying out charitable activities. On this day, natives perform the ritual of Tarpan and Pind Daan for their ancestors. However, in view of the current epidemic dominating the country, we would advise you to avoid going to public places and perform all the religious activities while staying in your homes. Although all the Amavasya occuring in a year holds great significance for conducting religious tasks, Jyeshtha Amavasya remains highly special.
For Immediate Problem Solving and Queries, Ask a Question Now!
Shani Jayanti is also celebrated on this day, and married women observe the Vat Savitri Vrat on this day for the longevity of their husbands. This is why the importance of this day rises. Worshiping with a sincere heart helps to appease Lord Shani and attain blessings from the ancestors. So let’s know the Puja rituals, auspicious muhurat and the importance of this day –
Jyeshtha Amavasya Puja Muhurat
|May 21, 2020, Amavasya Begins From 21:38:10|
|May 22, 2020, Amavasya Ends At 23:10:10|
Significance of Jyeshtha Amavasya
The day of Jyeshtha Amavasya holds special significance, since Shani Jayanti is also observed on this very day, where Lord Shani is venerated. Not only this, along with Shani Jayanti, women also observed Vat Savitri Vrat on this day for their husband’s longevity. This is why the day of Jyeshtha Amavasya is considered very fortunate.
Although it is not considered auspicious to carry out any new or important task on the day of Amavasya, but on a spiritual basis, the day of Amavasya holds special significance. On this day, natives remember their ancestors and perform charity for the poor. It is believed that by performing auspicious activities on this day, one attains riddance from his/her sins.
Check Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator
Jyeshtha Amavasya Puja: Steps To Follow
On the day of Jyeshtha Amavasya, fasting and worshipping with a devoted mind helps to attain virtuous results. Jyeshtha Amavasya fast can be observed both by men and women. Let us know the complete worshipping method to perform on this day-
- On the day of Jyeshtha Amavasya, wake up during the Brahma Muhurat, and take a bath in a holy river or lake. Or add Gangajal in your bathing water.
- Offer Arghya to Lord Sun God by mixing sesame seeds in water.
- After that, offer Arghya to the Peepal tree. However, as we all know that the current situation doesn’t allow us to go out of our houses to public places right now, you should perform these rituals at home.
- Shani Jayanti is also celebrated on the day of Jyeshtha Amavasya, so worship Lord Shani on this day by lighting a Diya with oil and sesame seeds.
- Now recite Shani Chalisa and chant the mantra of Lord Shani Dev.
- After this, venerate Lord Yama as well.
- After the puja is completed, one should give alms and donations according to his/her capability. Although amidst Corona times, you must practise social distancing.
Don’ts on Jyeshtha Amavasya
Some actions are prohibited to be carried out on the day of Jyeshtha Amavasya:
- On the day of Jyeshtha Amavasya, do not eat food at someone else’s home.
- Stay away from negative thoughts on this day.
- Do not break Tulsi or Basil leaves and Bilva leaves at all.
- Do not collect any kind of garbage or junk in your house.
- Avoid any consumption of meat, alcohol and making physical relations with women.
- On this date, no new work, journey, new goods should be initiated or purchased.
In view of the ongoing Corona crisis, all of you are requested to follow the guidelines given by the government to contain this pandemic. This year, try and carry out any kind of religious activity at home only.
Get Some Miraculous and Effective Predictions with Brihat Horoscope
We hope that you will appreciate this blog of ours. Thank you so much for connecting with us. Stay safe and healthy!!!