Vat Savitri Vrat is celebrated on the Amavasya Tithi during Krishna Paksha in the month of Jyeshtha. This year, this fast will be observed on May 22, Friday. Amid Corona Era, observing this fast will bring a sense of serenity and affluence within yourself, and allow you to generate positive thoughts. On this note, AstroSage has come up with “Super Summer Sale” starting tomorrow, where you will get best offers on multiple astrology services, and attain the right direction in your life. Stay tuned to know more.
For Immediate Problem Solving and Queries, Ask a Question Now!
Women observe the Vat Savitri Fast for immense good luck, longevity of their spouses, and well-being of their kids. It is believed that observing a fast on this day adds longevity to the husband’s life, and keeps him away from all kinds of troubles. On this day, the Banyan tree is duly worshipped.
Along with this, women also worship Satyavan-Savitri and Lord Yamraj. Everyone knows the story of Savitri and Satyavan, but do you know why the Banyan or Vat tree is worshiped on this day? If not, then this article of ours will give you all the information related to Vat Savitri Fast.
Vat Savitri Vrat Puja Muhurat
First of all know the auspicious muhurat during which worshipping rituals for Vat Savitri Vrat can be carried out this year-
|Vat Savitri Fast||22 May, 2020, Friday|
|Amavasya Begins||21 May, 2020, From 21:38:10|
|Amavasya Ends||22 May, 2020, At 23:10:10|
Importance of Vat Savitri Vrat
By observing the Vat Savitri Vrat, women wish for longevity for their husbands and blessings for a fruitful married life. Savitri too won her husband back from the clutches of Yamraj by observing this fast. Since then, this religious practice has been going on, where any woman fasting on this auspicious day and worshipping devotedly gains longevity for her husband and riddance from upcoming troubles in life. On this day, all the Suhagan or married women get dressed with 16 adornments or 16 Shringaar and worship the Banyan tree. In this fast, Satyavan Savitri is worshiped along with Lord Yamraj.
Check Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator
Why is the Vat or Banyan Tree Worshipped?
The Vat or Banyan tree enjoys a special place in Hindu culture. According to the Puranas, Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Mahesh, also known as the Trimurti, reside in the lower part, middle and at the front of the tree respectively. Lord Buddha also attained enlightenment under the Banyan tree. It is believed that all the wishes of a native get fulfilled if he/she performs the Puja and recites the Katha beneath the tree.
Banyan Tree is very important not only for spiritual but also scientific reasons. It purifies the environment by destroying harmful gases present around us, and is one of the main sources of medicinal herbs. Famous for its vastness, this tree is considered a symbol of longevity, good luck and knowledge. Savitri resurrected her dead husband Satyavan on the Amavasya of Krishna Paksha during the month of Jyeshtha under the Vat tree, which is why this fast came to be known as the Vat Savitri Vrat.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now
Vat Savitri Fast Puja Rituals
Just like Karwa Chauth, Vat Savitri Fast is observed for the husband, although the rituals differ. You are advised to keep Chana or Gram, Bamboo Fan, Red or Yellow Thread, Incense Sticks, Flowers, Five Types Of Fruits, Water Pot, Vermilion and Red Cloth as materials needed for worshipping. Let us know now the puja rituals:
- On the day of Vat Savitri, married women must get up early in the morning and bathe.
- After this, wear clean clothes, and adorn Solah Shringaar, i.e. get ready.
- Now stand under a Vat (Banyan) tree with all the Puja items. As per the current conditions, you can place a picture of the Vat tree within your house and carry out all these rituals accordingly.
- Clean the area under the tree and keep all your items there.
- Install the photo of Satyavan-Savitri and Lord Yamraj under the Vat tree.
- Now worship them with Red Cloth, Fruits, Flowers, Roli, Moli, Vermilion, Gram or Chana etc. and offer them as well.
- After the puja is finished, use a Bamboo fan to fan in front of them.
- After this, circumambulate and tie the thread 5, 11, 21 or as many times as possible around the tree.
- After completing the circumambulation, read the story and offer water to the roots of the tree.
- After that, fan in front of your husband with the same Bamboo fan and then open the fast by drinking water from his hand.
- Distribute the Chana or Gram as a Prasad to everyone.
- After fasting all day, eat sweet food items in the evening.
However, with these difficult times hovering over mankind, you are advised to follow the rules while carrying out these rituals and use an image of the Vat or Banyan tree to perform the Puja.
Get Some Miraculous and Effective Predictions with Brihat Horoscope