In Sanatan Dharma, Vat Amavasya Vrat has special significance. According to the Hindu Panchang, this fast is observed every year in the Jyeshtha month in North India, while in the South Indian states, this fast is observed on the day of Jyeshtha Shukla Purnima, which is also known as Vat Savitri Vrat. This fast is considered to be the best and most effective for the prosperous life of married women.
Speak with World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Learn More About Vat Savitri Vrat
According to the Hindu beliefs, married women not only attain the boon of their husband’s long life, but also happiness and prosperity comes into their lives. This is the main reason why fasting women follow the tradition of duly worshiping the banyan tree (Vat tree) on this holy day.
Vat Savitri Vrat 2022: Auspicious Timings
|Jyeshtha Amavasya Fast||30 May, 2022 (Monday)|
|Amavasya Begins||29 May, 2022, from 14:56:26|
|Amavasya Ends||30 May, 2022, at17:00:57|
Note: These timings are applicable for New Delhi. To know the auspicious timings as per your city, click here.
If we have a look at the Hindu Panchang then the Amavasya Tithi of Jyeshtha month 2022 will begin on 29 May, Sunday, at 2:56 pm, and it will end the next day, i.e. on 30 May, Monday, at 5:00 pm. This is why the Vat Savitri fast will be observed on 30 May, Monday. On this day, women take Parikramas around the Vat tree, i.e. Banyan tree, and attains the blessings of long life and prosperity.
Is Luck Favorable or Unfavorable? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Vat Savitri Fast: Religious Significance
Many religious beliefs are popular about this fast in the scriptures. According to one of them, Savitri revived her husband Satyavan by her harsh penance under the banyan tree. Whereas, according to another belief, by Lord Shiva’s boon, Sage Markandeya had a vision of the Bal Mukunda avatar of Lord Vishnu in the banyan tree. From that day onwards, there is a law to worship the banyan tree.
This year, some auspicious Yogas are forming on Vat Savitri Vrat, which will increase the significance of this fast manifold. So, let’s know about these Yogas in detail.
This Big Yoga Is Forming On Vat Savitri Fast
According to the learned astrologer of AstroSage, a beautiful Yoga of Shani Jayanti and Somvati Amavasya is forming on Vat Savitri Vrat. In Hindu Panchang, the Amavasya that falls on Monday is called Somvati Amavasya. The Amavasya Tithi, falling on 30 May, is the last Somvati Amavasya of 2022. After which, this coincidence will be made in 2023. According to Hinduism, there is a law of doing charity work, taking holy baths, worshiping the ancestors, performing Yagya-Hawan, etc.
Besides this, because of Shani Jayanti on this day, Shani Dev will also be worshiped on this day, especially by the people suffering from Shani Dosha, Shani Sade Sati, or Shani Dhayya.
AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All The Valuable Insights Into Future
These Signs Must Perform Shani Puja On Vat Savitri Vrat
In April, Saturn transited to its own sign Aquarius after years. Due to this, the impact of Shani Sade Sati started on Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. So, these three signs will suffer from Shani Sade Sati in the future.
Besides this, after the Saturn transit, Shani Dhaiyya started on Cancer and Scorpio natives.
In this situation, it would be appropriate to do Shani Shanti Puja and rituals on the day of Shani Jayanti to avoid all kinds of negative effects of Saturn by the natives of these five zodiac signs.
These Auspicious Yogas Will Also Be Formed On Vat Savitri Vrat
According to the astrologers, besides Shani Jayanti and Somvati Amavasya, Vat Savitri fast will be observed in two other auspicious Yogas. The first among these is Sukarma Yoga, which will begin on 29 May, at 10:53 pm and end the next day on 30 May, at 11:37 pm. Then on 30 May, Dhriti Yoga will begin, which will remain till the late night of 1 June.
In Vedic astrology, both these Yogas are considered very auspicious because where every kind of auspicious work done in Sukarma Yoga is successful, all the work done during Dhriti Yoga proves to be very beneficial.
Vat Savitri Vrat Puja Material
The Puja material for Vat Savitri Vrat is as follows:
- Picture or idol of Savitri-Satyavan
- Bamboo Fan
- Red Kalava
- Material related to married women
- Raw Yarn
- Banyan fruit
- A vase (filled with water)
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Vat Savitri Vrat: Puja Method
- The fasting women must wake up early on the day of the fast and clean their houses.
- After retiring from daily work, take a bath and wear ‘Suhagan’ clothes.
- Sprinkle Gangajal in the house and sanitize it.
- Now fill 7 types of grains in a bamboo basket and establish an idol or statue of Lord Brahma in it.
- Then install Goddess Savitri on the left side of Lord Brahma.
- Likewise, in another basket, place the idols or pictures of Satyavan and Savitri together.
- Take these two baskets with you under a banyan tree and keep them for worship.
- While worshiping the banyan tree, first worship Lord Brahma and then Savitri according to the law.
- After this, while worshiping Savitri and Satyavan, offer water from the urn to the root of the banyan tree.
- Now worship the banyan tree by using water, molly, roli, raw yarn, soaked black gram, flowers, and incense for worship brought in a plate.
- After irrigating the banyan tree with water, wrap the raw thread around its trunk and take parikrama around the tree three times.
- Now, make ornaments of Banyan tree leaves and wear them and then listen to the story of Vat Savitri.
- After listening to the story, remove the seeds of the soaked gram and then place an offering on it according to your reverence. Give it to your mother-in-law or a woman like mother-in-law and take blessings from them.
- After the end of the worship, give clothes, fruits, and other donation items to any Brahmins by keeping them in a bamboo vessel and take blessings from them too.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with us!