Varalakshmi Vratham 2021 holds high significance in Hinduism. As per the Hindu Panchang, this fast is observed on the last Friday of the Shravan month. We will enlighten you with the important things related to Varalakshmi fast. Know what you can do on Varalakshmi Vratham, what you can eat on Varalakshmi Vratham and much more.
Varalakshmi Vratham 2021 Date
Varalakshmi Vratham 2021 date falls on Friday, 20th August this year. Goddess Varalakshmi is considered to be one of the eight incarnations of Mata Lakshmi. According to the story related to incarnation, she descended from the milky coloured Kshira Sea. It is the eighth incarnation of Maa Lakshmi.
Varalakshmi Fast Significance
It is believed that keeping the Varalakshmi Vratham fast in 2021 gives fruits equivalent to that of Ashtalakshmi Vratham. Those who are devoid of happiness in life are advised to keep this fast. Keeping this fast brings peace in the house. This fast should be kept by married natives but is considered taboo for unmarried girls. If the fast is observed with complete rituals, then good results are definitely achieved.
Know Accurate Puja Rituals From Best Astrologers On Call
Importance of Varalakshmi Fast in 2021
In today’s material world, everyone wants financial prosperity. Everyone wishes that there is no shortage of money and wealth in their life. In such a situation, fasting Varalakshmi is beneficial for everyone. By keeping this fast devoutly, financial prosperity and stability in everyone’s life are achieved. Just keep in mind that with your own prosperity remember to give charity and serve the society.
Varalakshmi Vratham Fast Brings Financial Prosperity
By keeping Varalakshmi Vratham, money starts flowing in the house. It brings prosperity in life and mental anguish are all relieved. This fast is observed by married women to overcome financial troubles. Mata Lakshmi is called the goddess of wealth and this fast is taken to please Maa Varalakshmi, one of her incarnations.
Are Riches A Part Of Your Kundli? Know With Raj Yoga Report
What Should We Do On Varalakshmi Vratham?
To please Goddess Varalakshmi on the day of fast, Varalakshmi Vratham rituals must be followed:
- On this day, the fasting woman or man should observe cleanliness. Wake up early in the morning and retire from all the routine work. You should take shower and do meditation. Also, you should maintain cleanliness in the house
- The place of worship will be good in the north-east direction.
- After this, the deity of Goddess Lakshmi should also be given a bath with Gangajal and she should apply tilak. Along with this, the idol of Ganpati Ji should also be bathed with Gangajal.
- Install the idol of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganpati in the temple along with a rice-filled urn in front of the deity.
- After this, Goddess Lakshmi should be worshipped by lighting incense and lamps.
- The family members can also participate in worship.
- Read Vrat Katha of Varalakshmi after worshipping.
- Distribute prasad to everyone after the prayers.
Varalakshmi Vratham Fasting Rules
On the day of Varalakshmi Vratham fast, the one who is fasting should take special care of some things, as explained below. By implementing these things, you can get the infinite grace of Goddess Varalakshmi. You must follow these rules while observing the Varalakshmi Vratham 2021 fast as well.
- Do not let wrong thoughts dominate you on the day of fasting.
- Do not hurt anyone on this day.
- Follow celibacy on the day of fasting.
- Meet a smaller number of people and keep your mind, body and heart clean.
- Do not consume alcoholic substances like alcohol and cigarettes, and if you are a non-vegetarian, then do not eat it on this day.
- Avoid debates on this day as it leads to misconceptions in the mind.
- Do not use derogatory words for anyone on this day.
- Keep your sense of self-interest away from you.
Significant Life Lessons & Predictions With 250+ Pages Of Brihat Kundali
Varalakshmi Vrat Katha
According to the mythological legend associated with this fast, there used to be a city called Kundi in the kingdom of Magadha. Charumati, a woman in this city, had a lot of faith in Goddess Lakshmi and worshiped her every day. Maa Lakshmi was also pleased with her devotion. Once, in Charumati’s dream, Goddess Lakshmi asked her to observe the Varalakshmi Fast. Upon this, Charumati told the women around this dream, as a result of which everyone decided to observe this fast. All the women observed this fast on Friday before the Full Moon day in the month of Shravan.
All women, including Charumati, observed the fast on this day with full faith. They venerated the Goddess and established the Kalash, and when all the women finished the puja after circumambulating around the Kalash, their houses became of gold and their body got embellished with jewels. They were blessed with cattle, cows, horses etc. After this, all women thanked Charumati as she had informed everyone about this fast. This fast was described by Charumati to all the townspeople later. According to Hindu beliefs, Lord Shiva had told Mother Parvati about this fast.
For Astrological Consultations & Remedies, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for associating with AstroSage!