Janmashtami is the most famous and one of the major festivals of Hindus, which is celebrated with great enthusiasm all over the world, including India. This festival is dedicated to Lord Krishna, the 8th incarnation of Lord Sri Hari Vishnu. Janmashtami is celebrated as the day when Shri Krisha was born. This festival is considered to be very special to attain everyone’s favorite Kanhaiya’s blessings.
With this special blog by AstroSage, we will provide you with all the information about Janmashtami 2022, as well as tell you about the auspicious coincidences that are formed on Janmashtami this year. So, without any further delay let’s know more about this festival.
To Know More About This week, Talk To The Best Astrologers!
According to the Panchang, Janmashtami is celebrated every year on the Ashtami tithi of Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada month. Usually, according to the Gregorian Calendar, this festival falls in August or September. On this day, Lord Krishna was born in Rohini Nakshatra. In many places, Janmashtami is known as Gokulashtami, Krishnashtami, Kanhaiya Athe, Shri Ju Jayanti, and Shri Krishna Jayanti. It is believed that to eliminate sins and atrocities from the world, Lord Krisha was born at midnight.
AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All The Valuable Insights Into Future
Janmashtami 2022 Tithi & Puja Muhurat
19 August 2022, Friday
Nishithkal Puja Muhurat: From 24:03:00 to 24:46:42
Time Duration: 43 mins
Janmashtami Paran Muhurat: After 05:52:03 (20 August)
Special Coincidences To Form On Janmashtami
According to Hindu Panchang, the Janmashtami of 2022 is very special in many ways because of the festival because on this day there are 2 yogas forming, one is Vridhi Yoga and another one is Dhruva Yoga. These 2 yogas are considered to be very auspicious for Lord Krishna Puja. If you do any task in the Vridhi Yoga that is formed on Janmashtami, you will be successful.
Beginning Of Vriddhi Yoga: From 17 August 2022, 08:56 pm.
End Of Vriddhi Yoga: 18 August 2022 at 08:41 pm.
Beginning of Dhruva Yoga: From 18 August 2022 at 08:41 pm.
Ending of Dhruva Yoga: 19 August 2022, 08:59 pm.
Lagnadhi Yoga:- In this yoga, Sun transits in its zodiac sign, which is a very good yoga because the Sun is the benefactor of personality and soul and the Sun represents government jobs and government works, so on this day everyone is advised to put a red roli in water and offer this water from a copper pot!
Worried About Your Career, Order CogniAstro Report Now!
Significance Of Janmashtami
The 8th incarnation of Lord Vishnu, Lord Krishna, took birth on earth in the Dwapar Yuga to free the earth from the atrocities of the evil Kansa. According to the beliefs, on the day of Janmashtami, there is a ritual to worship Laddu Gopal. Worshiping Bal Gopal at midnight on this day fulfills all the wishes. Special decorations of houses and temples are done by the devotees in the joy of the birth of Shri Krishna.
To Know The Time Of Raj Yoga, Order Now: Raj Yoga Report
On Janmashtami, devotees observe fast for the whole day, anoint Bal Gopal with Panchamrit, and sing Mangal songs throughout the night to seek the blessings of their Kanhaiya. Worshiping Lord Krishna on this day brings long life, happiness, prosperity, and children. Especially serving a cow and worship should be done on Janmashtami, doing this will please Shri Krishna.
Pujan Vidhi For Janmashtami Fast
To attain the blessings of one’s beloved Shri Krishna, the devotees should observe a strict Janmashtami fast. To successfully perform this fast, one should do Janmashtami Vrat Puja in a systematic manner which is as follows:
- On the day of Janmashtami, the person should wake up early in the morning and take a vow of fasting after taking a bath.
- Establish the idol of Lord Krishna by laying a red cloth in the temple of the house.
- Show incense and diya to Laddu Gopal and offer fruits and sweets. Whatever prasad you are offering, just add Tulsidal in it, and then offer the prasad to God.
- You can also offer Talmakhana and Mishri to Lord Krishna!
- Laddu Gopal is very fond of Kheer, so you can please Gopal by offering Kheer!
- After this, place the idol of God on a plate or vessel, anoint them with Panchamrit, then bathe with Gangajal.
- • Now put on new clothes and make-up Shri Krishna.
- • After this, do a tilak of Ashtagandha sandalwood or roli and offer Akshata as well as worship them.
- Make sure to offer Makhan-mishri and Panjiri as prasad to Shri Krishna. Also, include Gangajal mixed with basil leaves in their bhog.
- Lastly, perform the aarti of the child form of the Lord and distribute the prasad among the family members.
Chant These Mantras On Janmashtami
।। ॐ नमो भगवते श्री गोविन्दाय नमः।।
।। oṃ namo bhagavate śrī govindāya namaḥ।।
ॐ नमो भगवते तस्मै कृष्णाया कुण्ठमेधसे,
सर्वव्याधि विनाशाय प्रभो माममृतं कृधिराम
oṃ namo bhagavate tasmai kṛṣṇāyā kuṇṭhamedhase,
sarvavyādhi vināśāya prabho māmamṛtaṃ kṛdhirāma
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare (On this day you should chant 16 rounds of this mantra)
Free Online Birth Horoscope
Religious Rituals Performed On Janmashtami
Mathura-Barsana Janmashtami: The birthplace of Lord Shri Krishna, Mathura- Vrindavan in Janmashtami is altogether a different place with the light of joy and happiness. On this day, mainly Raslila and Shri Krishna Leelas are staged here.
Dahi Handi Festival:
Dahi Handi is mainly celebrated in Maharashtra and Gujarat with great enthusiasm. Dahi and Handi mean clay pots like pots/matki etc. There is a belief behind Dahi Handi that Lord Krishna used to go door to door with the cowherds in his childhood and used to break pots of milk, curd, butter, etc. From that time the tradition of celebrating the Dahi-Handi festival started.
Don’t Do These Things On Janmashtami, Even By Mistake
- On this day, try not to include grains in the food that you consume during the Ekadashi fast, you have to eat the same food once you offered it on Janmashtami such as kuttu, roti, potato curry, buckwheat (kuttu) pakoras. Yogurt etc.
- Do not insult any person on Janmashtami Tithi, treat everyone with kindness and love.
- According to Vedic beliefs, during Janmashtami fast one should avoid eating food while observing the fast till 12 am, that is till the birth of Shri Krishna.
- On Janmashtami, those who are fasting should follow celibacy.
- Try to donate wheat to a needy person.
Jayanti Yoga: You all must already know that Taurus is the zodiac sign of Lord Krishna and his Nakshatra is Rohini, and this year, the same coincidence is forming. This yoga forming on Krishna Janmanshtami is very important and rare and this is why any child born in this yoga will have the qualities similar to Lord Krishna, it is believed in the scriptures that the same child will be well-respected in the society, will set a new example and will be different amongst the rest! The rest of the natives are advised to observe a fast on this day!
Remedies To Be Done On Janmashtami
It is believed that the night of Janmashtami is considered Moh Ratri because Lord Krishna is one of the biggest deities of hypnotism and attraction. According to the scriptures, it is believed that Lord Krishna is considered to be the incarnation of Lord Vishnu, and Lakshmi Ji is considered to be his wife, that is why it is believed that on this day, some effective remedies will help you to attain the blessings of Ma Lakshmi and Ma Lakshmi keep fulfilling all the wishes of her devotees:
- After bathing, you should offer a garland made up of yellow flowers to Lord Krishna, this will help you to attain the blessings of Mata Lakshmi.
- Lord Krishna is also called Pitambar Dhari and that’s why on Janmashtami, offer yellow fruits, yellow clothes, yellow flowers, and yellow sweets to Lord Krishna, by doing this you will never lack money and fame.
- Offer Sabudana (Sago) white sweets and kheer to Lord Krishna on Janmashtami. Use Taal Mishri instead of adding sugar in the sweets and once the kheer is not hot, offer it to the god and make sure you add a Tulsi leaf in the kheer, if you do this you will never be having a shortage of money, and fortune.
- To be successful in love affairs, you should offer a yellow garland to Lord Krishna on Janmashtami, offer white sweets of khoya, offer honey along with Taal Mishri and worship Lord Krishna to be successful in your love affairs.
- Of all the things the most favorite of Lord Krishna is the Makhan Mishri, so don’t forget to use Makhan Mishri as an offering to lord Krishna on the day of Janmashtami and by this method, for all the mothers or sisters out there, there will be yoga formation to get a child.
- On the day of Janmashtami, Shri Krishna was born at 12:00 am and you have to anoint Lord Krishna by putting saffron and basil leaves in milk so that Mata Lakshmi never leaves your home and always shower her blessing on your home.
- Lovers who want to get married can offer coconut water and Khela to Lord Krishna, and then you can pray in your mind that you get married to your lover/girlfriend and also chant this Mantra ( Om Kleem Krishnay Govinday Vasudevaya Gopijan Vallabhaiye)swaha. With this remedy, you will get your love.
- On the day of Janmashtami, if you offer coconut and 11 almonds to Lord Krishna continuously for 27 days and add Tulsi leaves to it, all your work will be smoothly done.
These Things Should Be Offered To Lord Krishna According To 12 Zodiac Signs
Aries: These natives should offer red flowers and wear red clothes.
Taurus: Offer Khoya Peda or wear white-colored clothes.
Gemini: Offer yellow flowers, yellow sweets, and yellow clothes to the god and offer Makhan Mishri with Tulsi leaves in it.
Cancer: These natives should offer dried coriander Prasad, this will bring prosperity to their homes.
Leo: The natives of Leo sign should offer bhog to Lord Krishna on this day, it will benefit them by keeping all the planets calm.
Virgo: These natives should offer a lotus garland to Lord Krishna and dedicate pink clothes.
Libra: These natives should offer paan leaves to Lord Krishna, This will increase their business.
Scorpio: Offer a wooden flute to Lord Krishna with this all your work will be smoothly done.
Sagittarius: Bathe Lord Krishna with Red Sandalwood, this will bring a lot of peace to their Manglik Dosha.
Capricorn: These natives should come to Lord Krishna by offering Prasad in silver utensils or putting Tulsi leaves in the bhog.
Aquarius: These natives should offer bhog to Lord Krishna by putting Makhan Mishri in a pot and adding Tulsi leaves to it. God takes away all your sorrows.
Pisces: The natives of this sign should make Lord Krishna wear a yellow patka around his neck, with this all your wishes will be fulfilled by Mata Lakshmi showers full of blessings on you.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!