When it comes to the Hindu religion and culture, everyone knows the significance of Ekadashi(s). There are a total of 24 Ekadashis in a year. Similarly, the Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Shravan is known as Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. There is a ritual of worshipping Lord Vishnu on this day. It is believed that on this day, whoever observes a fast for getting children, gets their wishes fulfilled, hence this Ekadashi is known as Putrada Ekadashi. Women actively participate in this fast. Not only for getting a child, but also for the protection of their children.
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi Tithi and Muhurat
August 18, 2021 (Wednesday)
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi Parana Muhurat : 06:34:51 to 08:29:00 on 19th August
Duration: 1 hour 54 minutes
Hari Vasar Expiry Time :06:34:51 at 19, August
Note : This time is valid for New Delhi only. Click here to know the auspicious time according to your city.
Speak With World’s Best Astrologers On Call
Significance of this Fast
On Shravan Putrada Ekadashi, childless couples get the happiness of children and at the same time all the obstacles related to children are also removed from life. On this fast, people do not consume water and take a fruit diet.
There is such a belief about this day that if any childless couple worships Lord Vishnu on this day with full faith and heart, then they definitely get the happiness of a child. It is also said about this fast that whoever listens to the fasting story(Vrat Katha) of Putrada Ekadashi or narrates it to others, he/she attains heaven.
Advanced Health Report Will Keep You Away From Health Troubles!
Puja Vidhh of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi
- As it has been mentioned earlier also, on the day of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu, who holds the Sudarshan Chakra, is worshipped. Let us now know the puja rituals of this day.
- It is mandatory for the devotees observing the fast of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi to take Satvik food at one time before the fast i.e. on the tenth day. The people observing the fast must also follow restraint and celibacy.
- On the day of Ekadashi, wake up early in the morning and take a vow of fasting and meditate on Lord Vishnu.
- Then begin with the rituals after taking a bath.
- Include Gangajal, Tulsi, Til(sesame seeds), Flowers, Panchamrit etc. in the worship of this day.
- This fast should be kept without consuming water ( Nirjala). However, if you wish, you can eat fruit food after lighting the lamp in the evening.
- On the next day of the fast i.e. on Dwadashi, offer food to a needy person or a Brahmin with respect, donate according to your ability and after that break your fast.
Remedies to get a Healthy Child
Couples who wish to have children should worship Lord Krishna in pairs (jointly) on the day of Putrada Ekadashi. After this, chant the Santan Gopal Mantra. After chanting the Mantra, both the husband and wife should take Prasad and after that give dakshina to the poor and needy according to reverence and feed them.
Clues On What May Lie Ahead Are Available With Our Esteemed Astrologers
Putrada Ekadashi : Associated Legends
Long time ago, there used to be a king named Suketu in Bhadravati city. His wife’s name was Shaivya. Despite everything in their lives, both husband and wife started leading an unhappy life due to the lack of children. One day with a heavy heart, the king and queen handed over the palace to the minister and went to the forest themselves. During this, the thought of committing suicide also started lingering in their mind, but then the king realized that there is no bigger sin in this world than suicide. Then suddenly he started hearing the voices of the Vedas and then the king and queen went on moving in the same direction from where he was getting the voices of the Vedas.
While walking some distance, he met a sage. The royal couple asked whom you are worshiping, then the monk told them to consider fasting on Putrada Ekadashi. It was here that they came to know the importance of Putrada Ekadashi. After this, both of them fasted for the next Putrada Ekadashi and due to this, they got a child. It is said that from then onwards the importance of Putrada Ekadashi started being considered. In such a situation, any childless couple who observes fast on this day with devotion and grace gets blessed with a child.
Things to Avoid on Shravan Ekadashi
- Honey, gram, greens, lentils and paan should not be eaten on Dashami night.
- On the day of Ekadashi, one should refrain from telling any kind of lies or doing any bad deed.
- Meat and alcohol should not be consumed on this day.
- Rice and brinjal should also not be eaten on Ekadashi.
- Do not gamble on the day of this fast.
Follow AstroSage Instagram Page For Interesting Videos & Posts! Take a look at today’s special post:
Ways to Get Blessed with a Child
If you want to get a child and in urgent need of it, then we will also let you know some other measures below, by doing which you can get good news related to child birth:
- As mentioned above, the couple who wish to have a child should chant the Santan Gopal Mantra. Do this chanting daily and if possible, get it performed by a learned Brahmin.
- Keep the fast of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi and follow it by taking a resolution of at least 11 Ekadashi fasts from this day.
- By serving a red cow and a red calf, a couple can have a child.
- A couple desirous of having a child should wear the root of a banana tree around their neck. It can be worn in yellow thread on Thursday.
- If the husband and wife are unable to get a child due to physical problems, then the Beej Mantra of Venus should be chanted.
- Fasting on Thursdays also proves to be fruitful as a means of getting children.
- The couple should take a bath and donate Sitaphal (pumpkin) at 12 o’clock in the night at Shri Radha Kund in Vrindavan. Apart from this, good news of getting a child is also received.
- Take a silver wire and burn it in the fire, after that put the same wire in milk and drink that milk. By doing this continuously for 40 days, the desire of getting a child can be fulfilled.
- By observing the fast of 32 full moons, the chances of getting a child are created.
- Put a picture of child Krishna’s naughty pastimes in your house. Look at it every morning and evening and after offering them Makhan-mishri, take it as prasad yourself.
- A man who wishes to have a child should wear a turquoise stone.
- Couples wishing to get married should plant a Peepal tree on Thursday and offer water mixed with milk and black sesame seeds to the Peepal tree on Amavasya.
- Worshiping a bamboo tree can also give the gift of progeny growth.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!