The sixth form of the goddess i.e. Maa Katyayani was also worshiped by Lord Shri Ram and Krishna themselves. This form of the goddess is worshiped on the sixth day of Navratri. According to mythology, it is said that Rishi Katyayan also used to be a devotee of the goddess. Although he had no children. In such a situation, he did penance to the goddess and asked the goddess as a daughter for a boon.
It is said that this was the time when the terror of Mahishasura also started increasing. Then from the wrath of the gods, a glory appeared which was later transformed into a girl. This girl was born as the daughter of Rishi Katyayan in his house and being the daughter of Rishi Katyayan, the goddess was named Katyayani. Not only this, the wonderful glory of the goddess is not limited to this. To know all these things in detail, read this blog till the end.
Talk To The Best Astrologers On Call & Get Information Related To Your Carrer!
So let us now move ahead and through this special blog, get complete information about the religious rituals, rituals, and great remedies performed on the sixth day of Navratri. Also, understand what is the correct worship method and the importance of the sixth day of Navratri.
Maa Katyayani Puja & Significance
First of all, talk about the visual appearance of the goddess, that the body of the mother is golden and shiny like gold. Maa Katyayani has four arms and rides on a lion. The goddess holds a sword in one hand, a lotus flower in the other, and the other two hands are in Varada Mudra and Abhaya Mudra.
If we talk about the benefits one can get from worshiping the goddess, then it is said that whoever worships Ma Katyayani with all the rituals, all the pending tasks of such devotees get completed with ease, comfort, and success, also all the problems in life will be removed.
Also, by worshiping the goddess, any person can easily control all his senses. Apart from this, people who are facing obstacles in their marriage are also advised to worship Maa Katyayani, because by worshiping the goddess, soon the chances of getting married also start forming. Maa Katyayani is also called the presiding goddess of Braj Mandal.
Brihat Kundali Will Tell All The Truth Of Your Life!
Maa Katyayani Correct Puja Vidhi
- Do include Coconut, Kalash, Gangajal, Kalava, Roli, rice, dupatta, honey, incense sticks, incense, diya, pure ghee, etc. in the puja on this day.
- After this, greet the Goddess with fragrant flowers in your hand and chant the mantras of the Goddess.
- Offer makeup items to the goddess while worshiping on this day.
- It is said that goddess Katyayani loves honey. So, honey must be included in the puja of this day.
- Keep in mind that along with Goddess Katyayani, there is a ritual to worship Lord Shiva.
Special Information: According to religious beliefs, it is said that if Maa Katyayani is worshiped in the evening at dusk, then it is more fruitful.
Worried About Your Career, Order CogniAstro Report Now!
Maa Katyayani Mantra–
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ कात्यायनी रूपेण संस्थिता। नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः॥
कंचनाभा वराभयं पद्मधरां मुकटोज्जवलां।
स्मेरमुखीं शिवपत्नी कात्यायनी नमोस्तुते॥
yā devī sarvabhūteṣu mā~ kātyāyanī rūpeṇa saṃsthitā। namastasyai namastasyai namastasyai namo namaḥ॥
kaṃcanābhā varābhayaṃ padmadharāṃ mukaṭojjavalāṃ।
smeramukhīṃ śivapatnī kātyāyanī namostute॥
Maa Katyayani Related Katha
According to the mythology related to Maa Katyayani, it is said that Rishi Katyayani had no children. Then he prayed to the goddess Bhagwati and started severe penance to have her as his daughter. Pleased with the penance of the rishi, Goddess Bhagwati appeared to him and assured him of the fulfillment of his wishes.
Shortly after this, the demon named Mahishasur started spreading his terror on the three worlds. Then Ma Katyayani was born at the house of Sage Katyayani with the brilliance of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Being the daughter of the rishi Katyayan, her name was kept as Katyayani.
It is said that after the birth of the goddess, the rishi Katyayan duly worshiped Ma Katyayani for 3 days on Saptami, Ashtami, and Navami, and on the day of Dashami, Ma Katyayani killed a demon named Mahishasura and saved the three worlds from his cruelty.
Rajyog In Your Kundali? Know When It Will Be Via Rajyog Report!
Zodiac-Wise Remedies For Navratri Day 6
- The natives of Aries should worship the goddess during Godhuli Bela with yellow flowers and wearing yellow clothes.
- The natives of the Taurus zodiac should chant their mantras 108 times in the puja for Ma Katyayani.
- The natives of the Gemini zodiac should offer fragrant substances to the goddess and wear blue clothes and then do puja.
- The natives of the Cancer zodiac sign should wear yellow clothes and offer yellow flowers and yellow naivedya to the goddess on this day and chant the mantras of the goddess.
- The Leo natives must include mantra chanting and a red hibiscus flower while worshiping this day.
- On this day, the people of Virgo should wear colorful silk clothes and offer camphor near the feet of the goddess.
- The natives of the Libra zodiac sign should offer green clothes, green vegetables, moong dal, and turmeric root to the goddess after the puja on this day.
- The people of the Scorpio zodiac should offer yellow flowers to the goddess after taking bath in the morning and offer a vessel full of silver and rice to the goddess.
- The natives of Sagittarius should chant the mantras of the goddess and offer jaggery, wheat, copper, and honey to the goddess.
- Capricorn natives should offer honey to the goddess, in silver, or earthen pots.
- The people of Aquarius should offer red clothes, copper, lentils, and sweet bread to the goddess.
- Pisces natives should worship the mother with bananas, yellow clothes, salt, sweets, etc.
Now Do Puja Online With The Help Of Specialist Purohit & Get Desired Results!
Effective Remedy For Navratri Day 6
Two great remedies can be taken on the 6th day of Navratri. The first one is to remove the obstacles in marriage, for this, on the 6th day of Navratri, after duly worshiping the goddess, chant the mantras of the goddess 108 times.
It is said that the gopis also worshiped Ma Katyayani to marry Lord Krishna. By doing this remedy, the obstacles that come in the marriage are removed, or if there is no possibility of marriage happening in the horoscope, then the yogas for the same also start forming.
Apart from this, because it is said that Ma Katyayani is also directly related to the planet Jupiter, worshiping on this day can strengthen the planet Jupiter present in the horoscope as well as remove or reduce its ill effects.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
We hope you liked this blog on Navratri’s 6th Day blog. Perform the rituals and attain the blessings of Maa Katyayani.