Sharad Navratri 2022: India is a country that celebrates many different holidays and customs. Therefore, people in India hold various festivals and fasts on other occasions. Each of these holidays and fasts has a distinct history. The Navratri festival, which honors Goddess Durga and her nine forms, is one of these celebrations. If we were to define Navratri simply, it would be understood to mean nine extraordinary nights. As a result, adoration is offered to Maa Durga in her nine different incarnations.
Chaitra Navratri, Sharad Navratri, Paush Gupta Navratri, Ashadha Gupt Navratri, and Magha Gupta Navratri are the five main Navratris observed each year. (Sharad Navratri 2022) and (Chaitra Navratri 2022) are particularly significant among these. Shardiya Navratri for this year will begin on Monday, September 26, and end on Tuesday, October 4, 2022.
To Make This Navratri More Auspicious, Talk To The Best Astrologers
Through this unique blog of ours, we shall learn some crucial information regarding Navratri today. Also, be aware of the following ways that this year’s Shardiya Navratri will be even more unique:
Shardiya Navratri 2022
In Navratri, the word “night” is regarded as a symbol of success. Its eleventh day is when Dussehra is observed. It is exceedingly lucky to celebrate Navratri on this holy day. People in this condition fast for their spiritual and mental well-being at this time, practice Yagya worship and live a regulated lifestyle. Find out which goddess will be worshiped on what day and on what day in the table below if we’re talking about Shardiya Navratri in 2022:
|Date And Day||Day Of Navratri||Tithi||Goddess To Be Worshiped|
|26 September 2022(Monday)||Navratri 1||Pratipada||Maa Shailputri Puja, Ghatsathapna|
|27 September 2022(Tuesday)||Navratri 2||Dwitiya||Maa Brahmacharini Puja|
|28 September 2022(Wednesday)||Navratri 3||Tritiya||Maa Chandraghanta Puja|
|29 September 2022(Thursday)||Navratri 4||Chaturthi||Maa Kushmanda Puja|
|30 September 2022(Friday)||Navratri 5||Panchami||Maa Skandamata Puja|
|1 October 2022(Saturday)||Navratri 6||Shashti||Maa Katyayani Puja|
|2 October 2022(Sunday)||Navratri 7||Saptami||Maa Kalratri Puja|
|3 October 2022(Monday)||Navratri 8||Ashtami||Maa Mahagauri Puja Durga Mahaashtami Puja|
|4 October 2022(Tuesday)||Navratri 9||Navami||Maa Siddhidatri Puja, Mahanavami Puja|
|5 October 2022(Wednesday)||Navratri 10||Dashmi||Durga Visarjan Vijaydashmi|
AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All The Valuable Insights Into Future
Significance Of Navratri 2022
The most essential thing about Navratri is the Maa Durga’s vehicle, i.e., On this vehicle, the goddess Durga is sitting, and on which vehicle will she go? This year, Maa Durga will arrive on an elephant— if we talk about Maa’s vehicle in 2022. Maa Durga’s vehicle is an elephant whenever Navratri begins on a Sunday or Monday.
Speaking of the mother’s departure means that she will ride the elephant itself this year. Vijayadashami is on Wednesday, and whenever Vijayadashami, or just the goddess Durga’s release, happens on Wednesday or Friday, the Maa rides back in the elephant’s carriage.
Meaning Of Elephant Ride: There are significant signs that this year’s Mother’s visit will bring about more happiness and prosperity worldwide because she will ride an elephant.
Additionally, the efforts made for peace throughout the nation will be successful. In other words, this Navratri will be fortunate for the entire country.
Get Free Online Birth Horoscope!
Mythology Related To Navratri:
Maa Durga is worshiped throughout Navratri in nine different incarnations. When the Kalash is installed in households on the first day of Navratri, Navratri officially begins. After that, people worship Maa Durga in various manifestations on different days, recite Durga Saptashati, do aarti, and present Maa Durga with various Bhog Prasad. Fairs are also hosted around this time at multiple Shaktipeeths across the nation.
In addition, the temples prepare scenes depicting the various manifestations of the goddess Durga.
Regarding the mythical concept of Navratri, it is said in the scriptures that Lord Shri Ram adored Goddess Shakti during Navratri and defeated the evil monster Ravana.
Avail The Facility Of Online Puja While Sitting At Your Home!
Remove Graha Dosha In Navratri
The nine various ways that Goddess Durga is honored during Navratri are closely tied to the nine planets we have in our solar system. In such a case, it is thought that if we carefully worship various manifestations of Maa Durga during Navratri, the planet associated with them is strengthened, and the flaws associated with that planet are eliminated. So tell us which planets are associated with worshiping the nine manifestations of the goddess Durga during Navratri.
|Different Forms Of Maa Durga||Different Forms Related To Planets|
Sharad Navratri Rituals
- The person makes a vow to observe a fast on the first day of Navratri. People commit to fast for a maximum of 2, 3, or 9 days on this day.
- After making the decision, barley is planted in the earthen altar, which is then mounted on the Kalash. Let me explain. The Kalash is seen as the form of Lord Ganesha. Hence this tradition is kept because the Hindu religion dictates that Lord Ganesha must be worshiped before beginning any auspicious task.
- Keep the Kalash after cleaning the place with Gangajal. After that, pray to the gods.
- Put seven varieties of grains, some coins, and soil into the Kalash, then decorate it with five different leaf types.
- Put the Kul Devi image on this Kalash.
- Recite Durga Saptashati; this is the hour for lighting the eternal flame. (To learn the guidelines and safety measures for lighting the Akhand Jyoti, read this article till the end.)
- Chant the Mother Goddess Aarti at the end and then distribute the Prasad to everyone.
Shardiya Navratri: Do’s And Don’ts
- Throughout these nine days, avoid consuming any amount of beef liquor, garlic, or onions.
- Don’t eat any salt. But if it’s required, you can use rock salt.
- Avoid using leather.
- Avoid using incense sticks.
- Do not offer worship to broken idols.
- Perform Maa Durga’s Aarti.
- Do worship at both the laps for nine days.
- According to your ability, present the mother with a variety of bhog.
- Don’t take a nap during the day.
- In these 9 days, don’t make the mistake of trimming your hair, mustache, or beard.
- Get up early, take a bath, wear clean clothing, and worship.
- Don’t lie.
- Adhere to Brahmacharya.
Importance Of Colors And Bhog In Navratri
Various bhogs are offered to the mother during the nine days of Navratri. Additionally, to honor Goddess Durga, her followers worship her while dressed in vibrant colors. Let us tell you that, just as each Navratri day is devoted to a different goddess, each goddess has a distinct favorite food and a set of colors to appease her.
So let’s find out on which day in Navratri which goddess should be offered what; and which color of clothes can prove lucky for you.
|Different Forms Of Maa Durga||Her Favorite Color||Her Favorite Meal|
|Maa Shailputri||Yellow||Offer white items, such as white sweets made with cow Ghee.|
|Maa Brahmacharini||Green||offers Panchamrit, sugar, and sugary candies.|
|Maa Chandraghanta||Gray||Offers milk and milk-related items.|
|Maa Kushmanda||Orange||Offer Malpua Bhog.|
|Maa Skandamata||White||Offer Bananas.|
|Maa Katyani||Red||Offer Honey.|
|Maa Kalratri||Blue||Include jaggery naivedya in your worship.|
|Maa Mahagauri||Pink||Offers coconut or food items made of coconut.|
|Maa Siddhidatri||Purple||Offer Kheer with Chana Puri Halwa.|
Importance And Ritual Of Lighting Eternal Flame (Akhand Jyoti)
To continuously burn the eternal flame for the nine days of Navratri is advised in the scriptures. After lighting the Akhand Jyot, extra care should be taken to ensure that it is never left alone and is never extinguished, even accidentally. It is believed that lighting an Akhand Jyot during Navratri pleases Bhagwati Devi, who then grants her devotees’ wishes. In addition, take extra care to ensure that the Akhand Jyoti is always lit with only pure cow ghee. If pure ghee is unavailable, you can still light an Akhand Jyoti with oil.
An Akhand Jyot is lit on the first day of Navratri to fast and honor the mother for the nine days of Navratri. By doing this, happiness, tranquility, and prosperity are maintained in the home while enabling a person to complete all their desired chores. The Akhand Jyoti is to be protected according to the rule.
- On the right side of the mother’s image or deity, the Akhand Jyot should be placed. On the other hand, if you’re using oil to start an eternal flame, keep it to the mother’s left.
- Additionally, keeping the Akhand Jyoti in the northeast is always lucky because this direction is believed to be the location of the gods.
- You should take extra caution to avoid repeatedly replacing the wick in the Akhand Jyoti.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for connecting with us!