Venerate Maa Chandraghanta on the Third day of Navratri! Know the puja rituals, religious importance and auspicious muhurat!
The third fast of Sharad Navratri is observed today, i.e. 1 October 2019, Tuesday. On this day, Maa Chandraghanta is worshipped with true devotion. It is believed that whosoever worships the Goddess according to the rituals and rites attains courage and valour. Also, with the blessings of the Goddess, all the sufferings and illnesses in one’s life goes away. Let us know through this article the special importance of worshiping Maa Chandraghanta:-
Worshipping Maa Chandraghanta On The Third Day Of Navratri
On the third day of Navratri, Maa Chandraghanta is venerated. As per the beliefs, this form of the Goddess eliminates all the pain and sorrows in one’s life, as this divine form of the Goddess is known to be an epitome of welfare and peace, and offer courage and valour to the devotees.
Maa Chandraghanta in her Form
- As per the Hindu beliefs, Maa Chandraghanta rides a lioness, and her body glows like gold due to her divinity and splendour.
- She consists of ten arms. She holds a Trishul or Trident, Gada, Sword and Kamandalu in four of her hands, and her fifth hand remains in the Var Mudra position.
- Apart from this, she holds a Lotus, Arrow, Bow and Japmala in another four of her hands.
- The fifth hand of the Goddess remains in the Abhay Mudra.
- It is believed that this Kshatriya or warrior form of the Goddess is seen during the time of war.
Wear the Symbol of Power, Courage & Goddess Durga: Nau Mukhi Rudraksha
Puja Rituals For Third Day Of Navratri
It is believed that the mere worship of Goddess Shakti in the form of Maa Chandraghanta brings spiritual and intellectual strength to the natives. The puja rituals for the third day of Navratri are as follows:
- Before commencing with the rituals, worship the Kalash Devta, i.e.e Lord Ganesh with devotion.
- Offer flowers, Akshat, Roli, and Sandalwood to Lord Ganesha, bathe him with milk, curd, sugar, ghee, and honey, and offer the Prasad to him.
- After the prasad, offer Paan, and Betel nut.
- After worshiping the Kalesh Devta, worship the Navagraha or Nine Planets, Dash Dikpal, City Deity or Nagar Devta, and Village Deity or Gram Devta.
- Only after worshiping all of them, venerate Maa Chandraghanta as per the rituals.
- While worshiping the Goddess, take a flower in your hands and remember her name.
- After this, carry out the Panchopchar of the Goddess and then offer her red flowers, Sindoor, Akshat, Kumkum etc..
- Then perform the Goddess Aarti with Ghee and Camphor.
- At the end, chant the mantras and ask the mother for forgiveness and peace.
Mantras To Appease Maa Chandraghanta
ॐ देवी चन्द्रघण्टायै नमः॥ / oṃ devī candraghaṇṭāyai namaḥ॥
पिण्डज प्रवरारूढा चण्डकोपास्त्रकैर्युता। प्रसादं तनुते मह्यम् चन्द्रघण्टेति विश्रुता॥
piṇḍaja pravarārūḍhā caṇḍakopāstrakairyutā। prasādaṃ tanute mahyam candraghaṇṭeti viśrutā॥
Religious Importance of Navratri’s Third Day
As we have already said that there is a provision for worshiping Maa Chandraghanta especially on the third day in Navratri. It is believed that on this day, the agile and fickle minded devotees of Maa enters the Manipur Chakra. As a result, by the grace of Maa Chandraghanta, the native gains seraphic experiences, which gives him a sense of pleasure in spite of all the sorrows.
Followers of Hinduism also celebrate Sindoor Tritiya, also known as Saubhagya Teej and Gauri Teej, on the third day of Navratri. The festival of Sindoor Tritiya is celebrated with great fanfare mainly by women in many states, including Bengal and Bihar. It is believed that this day represents Goddess Parvati, the married form of Maa Chandraghanta, due to which women greet each other by applying the Sindoor or Vermillion.
Happy Navratri 2019 to all the readers from AstroSage! We hope that the blessings of Goddess Shakti Maa Chandraghanta remain on you forever.