Shani Jayanti will be celebrated today, i.e. on June 10, Thursday. Lord Shani was born on the Amavasya Tithi or New Moon Day in the month of Jyeshtha, which is why Shani Jayanti is celebrated on the day of Jyeshtha Amavasya. This year, the Solar Eclipse is occurring on the day of Shani Jayanti, and therefore, its significant impact will be seen on the lives of the natives and the economy of the country in the era of Corona. Let us know about interesting facts related to Shani Jayanti and find out more about planetary yoga.
Usually, Shani or Saturn is deemed as a planet delivering unfavourable outcomes, but it is fascinating to know that this planet is titled as the God of Justice in Hinduism. According to astrology, Shani Dev seems to be fair in his approach and known as the one playing the role of a Justice or Judge in the lives of natives. It delivers results according to one’s Karma or actions, i.e. good actions lead to favourable results, whereas malicious acts can result in unfavourable outcomes.
Speak With World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Know Everything About Saturn & Its Impact On Career, Finance, Health Etc.
Saturn is the ruling lord of Aquarius and Capricorn zodiac signs. Known as a cruel planet, Shani Dev dons a dark complexion and has a Vulture as his mount. It is said that anyone who worships Lord Shani with a devoted heart attains his blessings. So let’s move ahead and read in detail the Puja rituals, the significance of this day, and ways to please him.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope Throws Light On Various Aspects Of Your Life Due To Impact Of Saturn!
Shani Jayanti Muhurat in 2021
According to the Purnimant Panchang, Shani Jayanti is celebrated on the Amavasya Tithi in the Jyestha month.
Commencement of Amavasya Tithi: 14:00:25 on June 9, 2021
End of Amavasya Tithi: 6:24:10 on June 10, 2021
Ask Any Question: We Will Address All Your Concerns
Shani Jayanti & Its Importance
According to religious beliefs, Shani Dev was born on the New Moon Day or Amavasya tithi of Jyestha month. In Vedic astrology, Shani Dev or Saturn is considered to be the benefactor of Karma or actions and justice. On the auspicious day of Shani Jayanti, a flock of devotees can be seen swarming across major Shani temples, performing Shani puja rituals and praying for a blissful life. One attains the outcome of his/her actions as per his/her intentions. Anyone performing good deeds does not have to face the wrath of Shani. However, in view of the nationwide epidemic, we would advise you to avoid going to public places. Perform all religious activities like puja etc. at homes and do not invite people.
How Lord Shani Was Born?
There are different beliefs and stories regarding the birth of Shani Dev. According to a legend, Shani Maharaj is the son of Lord Surya and his wife Chhaya. Surya Dev was married to Sangya, the daughter of King Daksha. Sangya stayed with Lord Sun for a few years after their marriage, but couldn’t bear his bright glorious light for much long. Because of this, Sangya left her Chhaya or shadow with Lord Surya and went to perform the penance herself. After some time, Chhaya gave birth to Shani Dev.
Is Luck Favourable or Unfavourable? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Why Is Saturn Hailed As The Best Amongst Navagrahas?
According to the religious scriptures, the mother of Lord Shani Chaaya performed a harsh penance to appease Lord Shiva while nurturing Lord Shani in her womb. Due to her mother being pregnant, Lord Shani had to face the severe after-effects of the penance, resulting in his complexion turning black.
Seeing his dark complexion, Lord Surya refused to consider Shani as his son. Angered by his father’s insult, Shani Dev performed the harsh penance to please Lord Shiva. Seeing his sincerity, Lord Shiva blessed him and placed him as the “Best” amongst all the Navagrahas. Not only humans but gods will also fear your name.
Clues On What May Lie Ahead Are Available With Our Esteemed Astrologers
Shani Jayanti Puja Rituals To Follow
On the day of Shani Jayanti, Shani Dev is worshiped devotedly and natives fast throughout the day. Performing puja rituals, charity, and donations on this day helps to eliminate the ill-effects of Saturn. Let’s know more about the special Puja performed on the day of Shani Jayanti.
- On the day of Shani Jayanti, wake up early in the morning and take a refreshing bath.
- After that, place a wooden board or stool and lay a black cloth on top of it. Now, install an idol or photo of the Lord Shani on it.
- Bathe the idol or photo of Shani Dev with mustard or sesame oil and perform the worship.
- To please Shani Dev, Lord Hanuman should also be venerated.
- Chant the Shani Mantra “ॐ शनिश्चराय नम: / oṃ śaniścarāya nama:“.
- On this day, donate items that signify Shani Dev such as Black Clothes, Jamun or Berries, Black Urad Dal, Black Shoes, Black Sesame Seeds, Iron, Oil, etc.
- Fast on the day of Shani Jayanti after you have performed the Puja.
Tips To Appease Saturn or Shani
In order to venerate Lord Shani, the day of Saturday is usually considered an ideal day. In Hinduism, several remedies are carried out to please Shani Dev. let us shed light on some of them:
- Serving black cows helps to get rid of the malefic effects of Shani. One gains the blessings of Lord Shani by doing this act everyday.
- For a blissful life, feed the very first bread or Roti to a black cow and then apply a red vermilion tilak on her forehead.
- To appease Shani Dev, worship the Peepal tree every Saturday or offer water or milk to the Peepal tree.
- Attain the grace of Saturn by burning a diya or lamp using mustard oil under the Peepal tree.
- Chant the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra ‘ॐ नम: शिवाय / Oṃ Nama: Śivāya‘ to appease Lord Shani.
- To gain the blessings of Shani, use black salt and pepper in your diet.
Before performing the above remedies, you are advised to get your personalized Shani Report. Through this report, you will get a detailed insight into the favourable and unfavourable influence on Lord Shani in your life.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Hope you have liked this article. Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!