According to Hinduism, Pitru Paksha begins from the Amavasya tithi in the month of Bhadrapada. This year, Pitru Paksha has begun from Monday, 20 September and will be observed till 6 October. During this period of Pitru Paksha, people perform Shradhkarma and worship etc. for the peace of the soul of their ancestors. This period is considered very important in Sanatan Dharma. In this special blog, we will know how Pitru Paksha falling this year holds high significance, Shradh 2021 dates, Pitru Dosha in kundli and remedies to eradicate it and much more.
Shradh 2021 Dates and Importance
From 20 September 2021, i.e. on the Purnima tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Bhadrapada, natives have started observing the Shradh. On the other hand, Pitru Paksha or the observance of Shradh will end on Wednesday, 6 October 2021, i.e. on the Amavasya tithi of Krishna Paksha in the month of Ashwin.
According to Vedic astrology, Pitru Paksha begins on the day when the planet Sun enters Virgo. The fifth house of the Kundli or horoscope represents the deeds done in the previous birth of a person. Sun is also considered as the lord of the fifth house as per the Kaal Purush Kundli. It is believed that this is the reason why the planet Sun is considered the symbol of our clan.
कन्यागते सवितरि पितरौ यान्ति वै सुतान,
अमावस्या दिने प्राप्ते गृहद्वारं समाश्रिता:
श्रद्धाभावे स्वभवनं शापं दत्वा ब्रजन्ति ते॥
kanyāgate savitari pitarau yānti vai sutāna,
amāvasyā dine prāpte gṛhadvāraṃ samāśritā:
śraddhābhāve svabhavanaṃ śāpaṃ datvā brajanti te॥
Meaning: When the Sun transits or enters Virgo, then it is believed that the forefathers visit their sons-grandsons i.e. their descendants. In such a situation, if the Shradh rituals aren’t performed on the day of Ashwin Amavasya falling during Pitru Paksha, then it is believed that the ancestors go back to their world feeling disappointed. Therefore, in order not to disappoint your ancestors and to seek their blessings, you should perform the Tarpan while offering them a mixture of flowers, fruits and water etc. and pray for their salvation.
Significance of Shradh: If we talk about the importance of Shradh Paksha or Pitru Paksha, then it is said that performing the Tarpan of the ancestors in Pitru Paksha brings peace to their souls. Apart from this, this period of Pitru Paksha is considered very special for the natives whose horoscope holds complex doshas like Pitru Dosh.
This is the time when our ancestors and forefathers come to the Earth. During this time, it becomes very easy to please them, help their souls attain peace and get their blessings. In this time period, many such acts are said to be prohibited from being carried out, as otherwise, our ancestors may get angry.
Speak With World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Know Everything About Pitru Paksha and Rites To Follow
Indications Of Pitru Dosha In Kundli
During the period of Pitru Paksha, many rituals etc. have been asked to perform as necessary. However, many times, some mistakes are made unknowingly due to which serious defects like Pitra Dosh dominate the life of the person. Let us know what are some signs indicating the formation of Pitra Dosh in a kundli. Also, if you are also witnessing these signs in your life, then know what are some measures you should undertake.
- If you are not getting blessed with a child in your life, then it is considered a sign of Pitru Dosh.
- Apart from this, if one’s child falls in the wrong company despite a good upbringing, then it is also considered as a sign of Pitru Dosh.
- A person suffering from Pitra Dosh always has to face all kinds of losses in job and business.
- There are frequent obstacles in the life of such natives and the discord within the family increases.
- Happiness and prosperity do not last in the house of such natives and the person always lives his life in poverty and destitution.
- Apart from this, a native suffering from Pitra Dosh unwantedly starts getting burdened with debt and remains ill every day.
Remedies To Eradicate Pitru Dosha In Kundli
However, if you are observing any of these signs in your life and there is Pitra Dosh in your Kundli, then you do not need to panic since you can appease the ancestors and reduce the impact of Pitru Dosha through these several measures suggested below:
- You must observe the fast on the first day of Shradh.
- Hang or place a picture of your ancestors in your house. Clean the pictures and decorate them with a garland.
- Worship them daily, light a lamp in front of them and seek their blessings.
- In the name of your ancestors, feed the needy and provide them with the things they need such as medicine etc.
- Donate to a religious place in the name of your ancestors.
- Perform the Pind Daan of your ancestors and feed Brahmins.
- Be sure to feed animals, birds, cows, dogs and ants etc. and do not give them any kind of pain even by mistake.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All Possible Solutions To Your Life Problems
Shradh 2021 Dates: Full List
20 September Purnima Shradh
21 September Pratipada Shradh
22 September Dwitiya Shradh
23 September Tritiya Shradh
24 September Chaturthi Shradh
25 September Panchami Shradh
27 September Shasthi Shradh
28 September Saptami Shradh
29 September Ashtami Shradh
30 September Navami Shradh
1 October Dashami Shradh
2 October Ekadashi Shradh
3 October Dwadashi Shradh
4 October Trayodashi Shradh
5 October Chaturdashi Shradh
6 October Amavasya Shradh
Daywise Instructions To Perform The Shradh
- The Shradh of those who have died prematurely should be done on Chaturdashi.
- The Shradh of married women must be done on Navami Tithi.
- Navami Tithi is also considered auspicious for performing your Mother’s Shradh.
- The Shradh of Sanyasis ancestors is performed on the date of Dwadashi.
- The Shradh of your maternal grandparents should be done on the Pratipada date of Ashwin Shukla Paksha.
- Shradh of unmarried people should be done on Panchami date.
- Shradh of all those people whose date of death is not known must be performed on the Amavasya or New Moon Day of Sarvapitri Amavasya i.e. Ashwin Krishna Paksha.
Advanced Health Report Will Keep You Away From Health Troubles!
Why Pitru Paksha Holds High Importance This Year?
This year, on 6 October, Wednesday i.e. on the New Moon day or Amavasya of Krishna Paksha during Ashwin month, Gajachhaya Yoga is also being formed. It is believed that whoever performs Tarpan-Shradh in Gajachhaya Yoga on the day of Sarva Pitru Amavasya in a river, pond, pool, etc., under the shadow or shade of an elephant becomes eligible to perform the rituals of ancestors for the next seven generations and acts as a ‘saviour’. At the same time, such a native attains five times the desired outcome and also get a place in Heaven.
Avoid Performing These Acts On Pitru Paksha
- The native performing the Shradh should not cut nails and hair during this 15-day period.
- During this period, one should observe celibacy or Brahmacharya.
- Shradh should always be performed during the day. Performing Shradh after sunset is considered inauspicious, which is why it must be avoided.
- During this period of Pitru Paksha, no tamasic food should be taken.
- It is said that during this time period of Pitru Paksha, our ancestors can also visit us in the form of animals, birds etc. In such a situation, especially during these 15 days, one should never disrespect any animal or bird even by mistake.
- Also, during Pitru Paksha, one should avoid performing any auspicious ceremonies and works such as marriage, engagement, Mundan or tonsure ceremony, Griha Pravesh or Housewarming etc.
- Apart from this, purchasing new things, clothes, jewelry etc. is also considered an inauspicious act during this period.
Appease Your Forefathers With These Acts
- Serve animals, birds, creatures, animals as much as possible during Pitru Paksha. Offer them food according to your capability.
- Consume only Sattvik food during this time.
- The native performing the Shradh during Pitru Paksha should eat his food on the leaf.
- Offer food to a Brahmin as per your capacity as well as donations.
Is Luck Favourable or Unfavourable? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Why Trimming Nails and Hair Is Considered A Taboo On Pitru Paksha?
It is forbidden to cut or trim your hair and nails during this period of Pitru Paksha. According to the beliefs behind it, it is said that any person who shaves and cuts his hair during Pitru Paksha suffers from monetary loss. Because this period is considered to be the time of mourning. In such a situation, do not cut your hair, beard and nails these days. Also, avoid eating stale food during this time.
What To Do If Shradh Dates Are Unknown?
Many a times, we are unaware of the reason behind our ancestors’ death. In such a situation, the question arises that on which day would it be appropriate to perform the Shradh for our ancestors? The solution to this dilemma of yours is also hidden in the scriptures. According to this, it has been said that the Tarpan of the ancestors whose date of death is unknown can be performed on the day of Ashwin Amavasya. That is why, this Amavasya is called Sarvapitri Amavasya.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!