As per the Hindu Panchang, the last date of Paush month in Krishna Paksha is known as Pausha Amavasya. Amavasya Tithi holds high significance in Hinduism because many religious works are carried out on this very day. The tradition of performing Shradh or Tarpan has been followed on this very day. Not only this, many people observe fast and perform worship to get rid of Pitra Dosha and Kaal Sarpa Dosha. Venerating Lord Sun holds high significance during Paush month.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call @ AstroSage Varta
Paush Amavasya Muhurat
Amavasya Tithi Begins at 12:24:29 on January 12, 2021
Amavasya Tithi Ends at 10:31:38 on January 13, 2021
Paush Amavasya Fast & Religious Rituals
Paush month is considered to be the best for religious and spiritual thinking. Along with the fast, some religious rituals are also carried out on the day of Amavasya of Paush month. So, let us know about all that.
1. Performing Tarpan for the ancestors holds immeasurable significance on the day of Paush Amavasya. People take a bath in holy rivers, pools (Kund) etc., offer water to the Sun and perform Tarpan for the ancestors. By doing so, it is believed that the souls of ancestors attain peace and salvation.
2. On this day, pour water in a copper vessel and add red flowers, red sandalwood (Chandan) and offer it to Lord Sun.
3. Performing donation and observing fast for forefathers holds immeasurable significance on this very day.
4. Those who are having Pitra Dosha and childless Yoga in their horoscope, are suggested to observe the fast of Paush Amavasya and perform Tarpan of their forefathers.
5. The tradition of worshipping Peepal tree and revolving around Tulsi plant has been followed on the day of Amavasya.
6. It is also believed that the fast gives peace to the souls of forefathers. Also, one is blessed with the fulfillment of rare wishes and gets rid of Doshas in horoscope.
Advanced Health Report Will Put An End On Your Health Troubles!
Significance of Paush Amavasya
The significance of worshipping on all Amavasya Tithis is well known in Hinduism and Paush Amavasya is considered to be highly fruitful amongst all of them. It is believed that this auspicious month is considered to be the best for religious and spiritual thinking. This fast not only pacifies the soul of forefathers but also pleases Brahma, Indra, Surya, Agni, Vayu, Rishi etc.
How to Get Rid of Pitra Dosha on this Amavasya?
This Amavasya is going to fall on January 13, Wednesday. In this regard, after taking a bath in Ganga, offering water in the names of ancestors gives peace to their souls. As per this belief, on the day of Mauni Amavasya, there is a great importance of doing Pind Daan at holy places.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Perform these Things on the Day of Paush Amavasya
- Take water in a pot for the peace of ancestors, put a flower of red colour and add some black sesame seeds.
- After this, offer water to the Sun with a pious heart by keeping your ancestors in mind.
- Further, pray to your ancestors for getting rid of Pitra Dosha.
- Prepare food for ancestors of their choice. The first part should be served to a cow, the second part to a dog, while the third part to a crow. This will help you attain the blessings of your ancestors.
- Light a lamp/Diya filled with Ghee under the Peepal tree in the names of ancestors on this very day.
- Offer seven types of grains or items made up sesame to a Brahman or any needy on the day of Paush Amavasya. This will help you pacify your forefathers.
Get solutions for all your problems related to finances: Finance Report
Perform these Things to Get Rid of Kaal Sarpa Dosha on Paush Amavasya
Usually, the day of Paush Amavasya is considered to be sacred in Shastras but you will be surprised to know that this day also helps in getting rid of several kinds of Doshas. Whosoever person has Kaal Sarpa Dosha in horoscope, he/she can get rid of the same by performing some the following rituals.
- After taking a bath in a holy river, worship the couple of silver serpents (Naag-Nagin). Then, offer white flowers and immerse it in a stream of water. By doing so, you will get rid of Kaal Sarpa Dosha.
- You yourself should recite the Path of Laghu Rudra after taking a bath. You can also let a Brahmin do the same for you.
- Reciting the Path of Navnag Stotra holds high significance on this very day.
- You can also attain the blessings by performing donation to a Brahmin or a needy as per your financial ability.
- Visit a Shiv temple on the day of Paush Amavasya and offer the couple of copper serpents (Naag-Nagin) to Shivlinga.
- On this day, put white flowers, raw milk, white cloth, rice, white coloured sweets in running water and pray to Sheshnag to get rid of all Doshas.
- Place Kaal Sarp Yantra on the day of Paush Amavasya and light the lamp/Diya filled with Ghee before it.
Things to be Avoided on Amavasya
The night of Amavasya observes absolute darkness in the sky. In this pretext, inauspicious activities, negative vibes, ghosts, witchcraft etc. remain highly active. Therefore, a person is advised not to pass by an isolated place. Wake up early in the morning and take a bath on the day of Amavasya and offer water to the Sun. Sleeping for a long time is considered to be inauspicious. Do not disrespect anyone on this very day. Also, avoid non vegetarian food and consumption of alcohol on the same day.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for associating with AstroSage!