In the Hindu religion, the fast which is observed on the auspicious day of Mokshada Ekadashi is considered to be very pious. It is believed that on this day if you worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi with complete devotion, and rituals, and observe fast, then all your sins will get washed away and you will be freed from them. Apart from this, your ancestors will also get salvation and they will be saved. This fast is also believed to be the fast which gives you redemption or salvation.
According to the Hindu Panchang, the fast of Mokshada Ekadashi is observed on Shukla Ekadashi, which occurs in the month of Margashirsha. According to religious beliefs, on this day Lord Vishnu gave the discourse of Shrimad Bhagavad Gita to Arjun before the battle of Mahabharata. This is the reason why on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, Geeta Jayanti is also celebrated. It is also known as the Ekadashi of Agahan month. So, let’s know more about the importance of Mokshada Ekadashi, its date and time, and other vital information through this ever-fascinating blog by AstroSage!
All The Solutions To Your Future Problems Can Now Be Answered By Our Expert Astrologers!
Mokshada Ekadashi 2022: Date And Time
According to the Hindu Panchang, the Mokshada Ekadashi of this year 2022 will be occurring on 3rd December, Saturday.
Mokshada Ekadashi starting time and date: from 3rd December 2022, 05:41 am
Mokshada Ekadashi ending time and date: till 4th December 2022, 05:36 am.
Mokshada Ekadashi Parana time: 4th December 2022, from 01:37 pm to 03:44 pm.
Duration: 2 hours 5 minutes.
AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All The Valuable Insights Into Future
Mokshada Ekadashi 2022: During This Time Don’t Do Any Pious Work
Rahu Kaal on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi 2022: 3rd December from 09:34 am to 10:52 am.
During the Rahu Kaal, the auspicious ceremonies like marriage, engagement, religious work, and housewarming are considered to be forbidden. It is believed that any auspicious work which is started during this time there is a possibility that it might bring various obstacles. This is the reason you should not engage in any auspicious work during this time. Apart from this, during the Rahu Kaal, you should avoid traveling, buying any item, or reading and writing.
Geeta Jayanti 2022
On the 3rd of December, the 5159th anniversary of the Srimad Bhagavad Gita will be celebrated. In the Hindu religion, Shrimad Bhagavad Gita is the only scripture whose anniversary is celebrated, out of all the Sanatan religious works. In the 700 Slokas of Srimad Bhagavad Gita, there is every solution given to life’s problems; which everybody goes through once in a while. It has a total of 18 chapters and the battle of Mahabharata also went on for 18 days.
Geeta Jayanti 2022: Method Of Worship
Mokshada Ekadashi and Geeta Jayanti are celebrated on the same day, so, on this pious day, you should recite the religious sermons of Shrimad Bhagavad Gita. Before reciting, you should worship Shrimad Bhagavad Gita with flowers and Akshat and then start reciting the Slokas. After this, if it’s possible for you, distribute Shrimad Bhagavad Gita to children and other people in the temple. Other than this, you can also donate clothes, food, and money to needy people.
Know About Your Birth Horoscope Through This Online Software, For Free!
Mokshada Ekadashi 2022: Method Of Worship
- On the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, after getting up in the morning, take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- In your home temple light a lamp.
- Do the ritual of Abhishek of Lord Vishnu with Gangajal.
- Offer Basil (Tulsi) and flowers to Lord Hari.
- During the worship, make a vow to observe the fast.
- Do the ritual of Bhog to Lord Hari and remember to offer Basil (Tulsi) in Bhog.
- On this day, while doing worship of Lord Vishnu, also worship Goddess Tulsi.
- On the next day of Ekadashi, after giving charity, break your fast.
Worried about your career, order our CogniAstro Report now!
To Receive The Blessings Of Lord Vishnu Do These Remedies On Mokshada Ekadashi
There are various remedies done on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi in order to make Lord Vishnu happy. Some of these special remedies are as follows:
- Planting Tulsi on the day of Ekadashi is considered to be very auspicious. So on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, you must plant Tulsi. While planting Tulsi keep in mind the direction. The direction of the Tulsi plant should be East.
- After taking a bath on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, one should wear yellow clothes. Other than that, you should offer yellow flowers, clothes, and fruits to Lord Vishnu while worshiping. It is believed that Lord Vishnu loves the color yellow.
- On this day, do the Abhishek of Lord Vishnu with Panchamrit and offer him Tulsi. It is pleasing to Lord Vishnu if you worship him while doing these rituals and his blessings remain with you always.
- On the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, offer water to the roots of the Peepal Tree (Ficus Religiosa). By doing this you receive special blessings from Lord Vishnu.
- Donating yellow clothes to charity on the day of Mokshada Ekadashi is considered to be the best. By doing this you receive blessings and virtues.
- On this day, reciting the Mantras of Lord Vishnu is considered to be greatly auspicious. By following this all your wishes come true and you receive infinite blessings from Lord Vishnu.
- A greater significance is given when you worship Goddess Lakshmi along with worshiping Lord Vishnu on the auspicious day of Mokshada Ekadashi.
- On the day of Mokshada Ekadashi, you can also receive endless blessings from Lord Vishnu by reciting Chalisa hymns and then doing Aarti.
Mokshada Ekadashi 2022: The Ancient Lore
According to Hindu mythology, in ancient times there was a king named Vaikhanas who ruled Gokul Nagar. In his rule, highly learned scholars of the 4 Vedas and intelligent Brahmins lived and thrived. The king was highly virtuous and pious, and took extreme care of the people who lived in his kingdom. One night, the king saw in a dream that his father was in hell, by seeing that the king was surprised. In the morning the king went to the Brahmins and told them about his dream, and asked them the reason behind this. The learned Brahmins then told the king to go to the sanctuary of a sage named Parvat, and told the king to ask the sage about a remedy for his late father.
The king went to the hermitage of the sage and asked him about a remedy for his dream. The sage then told the king that his father is in hell because he is being punished for the deeds he committed in his past lives. The sage then informed the king that he should observe the fast of Mokshada Ekadashi. The fruitful virtues of the fast of Mokshada Ekadashi will be received by your father. By doing this your father will get salvation from hell, and he will receive emancipation as well.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
We appreciate your continued support of AstroSage and hope you find this blog to be enlightening and useful!