In the Hindu religion, Margashirsha Amavasya has a very special place. According to the Hindu Panchang, the Amavasya Tithi of Krishna Paksha occurring in the month of Margashirsha, is known as the Margashirsha Amavasya. It is also known as Aghana Amavasya and Pitru Amavasya. According to religious beliefs, it is said that Lord Krishna dispersed the knowledge of Gita in the month of Agahan. This is the reason why it is also known as the Aghana Amavasya. On this day, worshiping your ancestors also has a special significance. It is believed that the Amavasya occurring in the month of Agahan is equally auspicious and beneficial to the Amasvaya occurring in the month of Kartik.
All The Solutions To Your Future Problems Can Now Be Answered By Our Expert Astrologers!
The month of Margashirsha is a beloved month of Goddess Lakshmi. So worshiping Goddess Lakshmi, especially this month, gets you her special blessings. It is known that worshiping Goddess Lakshmi with proper rituals and rules and observing fast on the Amavasya of the Agahan month, will eradicate all problems of the worshiper. So, let us know more about the importance, date, and related facts, through this delightful blog by AstroSage.
Margashirsha Amavasya 2022: Date And Auspicious Muhurat
According to the Hindu Panchang, the Margashirsha Amavasya of the year 2022 will occur on the 23rd of November, Wednesday.
- Amavasya beginning date and time: 23rd November, 2022 at 06:56 am.
- Amavasya ending date and time: 24th November, 2022 at 04:29 am.
AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All The Valuable Insights Into Future
Importance Of Margashirsha Amavasya 2022
The day of Margashirsha Amavasya is considered to be a significant day to worship your ancestors (Pitr Puja). It is believed that doing worship and observing fast on this particular day makes our ancestors happy, and the Pitra Dosh gets removed. On this day, bathing in Ganga is considered to have special significance as well. It is recognised that if in a native’s horoscope Pitra Dosha or childless yog is developing, that person must observe the fast of Margashirsha Amavasya.
It is said that Lord Krishna gave the discourse of Geeta in the auspicious month of Agahan. This is the reason why this Amavasya is considered to be very beneficial and virtuous.
Worship Methods And Fasting Of Margashirsha Amavasya
- After getting up early in the morning and completing your routine on the day of Margashirsha Amavasya, take a bath in a holy river. Also, sprinkle cow urine and holy Ganga water in your house
- After the bath, offer holy water to the Lord Sun, and make a resolution for the fast.
- After that, worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi with proper rituals and rules.
- Then remember your ancestors and Gods; offer your prayers and worship them, and ask for salvation as well.
- After completing your worship with proper rituals, donate food and clothes to a needy person or a brahmin as charity.
Worried About Your Career, Order Our CogniAstro Report Now!
Important Points To Remember During The Month Of Margashirsha Amavasya
- During the month of Margashirsha Amavasya, you should never visit a cemetery. It is believed that going to the cemetery during this month will attract evil spirits to you and they can possibly trap you.
- The person who is observing the fast of this Amavasya should not sleep during the day.
- Couples on the day of Margashirsha Amavasya should refrain from acts of copulation.
- During this day avoid non-vegetarian food and all types of alcoholic beverages.
- On this day also avoid cutting your hair and nails.
- The one who is observing this fast should not drink any water.
Remedies To Be Done On The Day Of Margashirsha Amavasya
On this day, when you worship your ancestors, that makes their blessings stay with you always. You get significant blessings from your ancestors when you engage in these remedies. By doing these remedies you also get the radiant blessings of Goddess Lakshmi and she comes into your home. Know it all about these remedies!
- To get the blessing of your ancestors on this day, make a cake from cow dung and in that mix desi ghee and jaggery. Burn this mixture and offer your prayers. If ghee and jaggery are not available then you can make kheer and do your worship.
- On this day, in the name of your ancestors, offer food to the needy people and a Brahmin.
- The day of Margashirsha Amavasya is considered to be very good for ancestors. So, on this day, offer milk to needy people as a charity.
- On this day, feed flour (atta) mixed with sugar to ants. By doing this all your sins will get removed and you will see progress and success in all your work.
- To get stability in your life, take a piece of Alum (Fitkari) in your hand, and recite the Mercury Mantra. Recite this Mantra at least 11 times. The Mantra is Om brāṃ brīṃ brauṃ sa: budhāya namah:
Get Your Free Birth Horoscope Through Our Online Software!
The Tale Of Margashirsha Amavasya
According to the tale, there lived a deprived Brahmin family. The family consisted of a couple and their daughter. Their daughter aged with time, and when she grew up she naturally inculcated feminine qualities in her. The girl was very beautiful, kind and had many benign qualities. She was from a needy family and due to her state, her marriage could not take place. One day a saint came to their house. The saint got impressed by the girl’s manners and virtues. The saint blessed the girl with long life, and after booking at her palms, said that her chances of getting married are nil. The family got worried after listening to what the saint said and asked him for a remedy. After thinking for some time, the saint, according to his intellect, told them that there lives a family a little far from here in a village; the woman is a washerwoman named Sona who lives with her son and daughter-in-law.
Sona’s daughter-in-law was full of virtues and reverently respected her husband. The saint said that if your daughter serves that washerwoman, and if she applies the vermilion from her head, to your daughter’s head then this Dosha will end and your daughter will get married. The saint also told them that the washerwoman doesn’t travel anywhere. After listening to the saint, the Brahmin immediately told his daughter to serve that woman. The girl started going to the washerwoman’s house the following day to do all of her household chores before returning home. One day the washerwoman Sona asked her daughter-in-law that you do all the household chores in the morning, and no one knows about it. The washerwoman was then told by the bewildered daughter-in-law, I thought, that you were performing all the household chores. The daughter-in-law said that I can’t even wake up in the morning. After this the washerwoman started keeping an eye on the house.
After some days the washerwoman saw that a girl comes to her house, and after completing all the household chores, leaves the house. One day, when the girl was about to return home, the washerwoman saw her and fell at her feet. The washerwoman asked the girl who she is and why she completes all the household chores of the house. Then, after listening to this, the girl told the washerwoman what the saint conveyed to her. During that time the husband of the washerwoman was unwell. The moment the washerwoman Sona applied the vermilion from her head to the girl’s head, her husband passed away. When the girl got to know this she left the washerwoman’s house without drinking any water; thinking that on her way she would find a Peepal tree, and only after circumambulating around the tree would she eat and drink.
On that day it was Somvati Amavasya (the Amavasya that occurs on Monday is known as Somvati Amavasya). The girl instead of offering food, carried and offered stones circumambulating the Peepal tree 108 times. After this, she ate her food and drank water. When the girl did that, the washerwoman’s husband came back to life. After that lore, it is believed that the fast of Amavasya increases the lifespan of your partner.
The Importance Of Lord Satyanarayan Worship On This Day
On the day of Margashirsha Amavasya, worshiping Lord Satyanarayan has a special significance. It is seen to be highly auspicious if you perform worship of Lord Satyanarayan on this day and then listen to religious discourses while keeping the fast. Keep the photograph of Lord Satyanarayan and Goddess Lakshmi in your home temple and offer your prayers with complete and proper rituals and rules of worship. Also, do the Bhog ritual with Halwa (a kind of sweet) and then distribute this holy food among your family and friends. It is believed that by doing this you will receive blessings and virtues from the gods.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
We sincerely hope that our blog was educational and beneficial to you, and we would like to thank each and every one of you for your steadfast love and support for AstroSage!