The festival of Kajri Teej is going to be celebrated this Wednesday i.e on 25 August. According to the Hindu Panchang, every year in the month of Bhadrapada, on the third day of Krishna Paksha, the fast of Kajri Teej is observed. This fast is observed mainly in many states of the country including Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Bihar. If you have any questions pertaining to this fast or any other general query, then you may click on this link and speak to our expert astrologers on call.
You may probably be wondering how this Teej is different from other Teej Vrat(s)/fasts. So, with this blog we are going to tell you the significance of celebrating this festival as well as some special things related to this day.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call Now
Kajri Teej In Hinduism
The Teej festival, which is considered a symbol of love between husband and wife, is very important in Hinduism. On this day, married women observe a Nirjala fast for their husband’s long life. In some places even unmarried girls observe a fast on this day to get the desired life partner. Married women observe many fasts like Karva Chauth, Hartalika Teej, Hariyali Teej, Vat Savitri etc. every year for their husband’s long life and well being.
Among these, Kajri Teej is considered to be the most special for the long life, better health and prosperity of their better halves. It is also known by names like Kajali Teej, Badhi Teej, Badi Teej, and Saturi Teej etc. Women observe this fast with great devotion and joy for a happy married life and perform all the necessary rituals joyously.
Kajri Teej 2021 Muhurat
|Tritiya Tithi Begins at 16:07:13 on August 24, 2021|
|Tritiya Tithi Ends at 16:21:00 on August 25, 2021|
Note: The Muhurat mentioned above is valid for New Delhi only. Click Here to know the auspicious Kajri Teej 2021 Muhurat according to your city!
Significance of Kajri Teej
According to the scriptures, Kajri Teej is one of the three Teej ceremonies celebrated throughout the year. Like Akha and Hariyali Teej, special preparations are also made for this Teej. Women who observe this fast get the blessings of Goddess Parvati. It is believed that on the day of Kajri Teej, Maa Parvati had received the results through deep meditation (Tapasya) to win over Shiva. For this particular reason, both Shankar ji and Parvati Mata are worshiped on this day.
If unmarried girls observe this fast, they get their desired groom. On this day, women have to observe a complete fast i.e. even without a sip of water. At the time of sunset, women have to take a bath, wear clean clothes and make a clay idol of Shiva-Parvati to worship the pair.
Do You Have Riches In Your Future? Order Your Raj Yoga Report Now!
Kajri Teej Puja Rituals
The Puja Vidhi of all fasts is different from one another. The rituals of Kajri Teej are slightly different from the rest of both Teej fasts. Let us know what they are:
- On the day of Kajri Teej, wear clean clothes after taking a bath in the Morning.
- If women observe this fast without consuming any food, then they get even better results. However, if a woman is pregnant, then she can consume fruits during this fast.
- Before worshiping, make a clay idol of Shiva-Parvati. If not possible, then consider a picture of Shiva-Parvati to carry out the Puja.
- After this, offer all the items of suhag, such as bangles, Bindi, Kumkum(vermilion), Kajal(kohl), red clothes, Mehndi etc. to Goddess Parvati and worship with all rituals.
- After the puja rituals are complete, offer food and donation to a Brahmin. The items of Suhag offered in the Puja should be given to a poor brahmin.
- Seek the blessings of all the elderly women of the family at home.
- Take a bath in the evening before the Moon appears in the sky and worship after dressing up properly.
- Wear a silver ring while taking wheat grain in your hand and offer water to the Moon and circumambulate the same place seven times.
- After all the rituals are complete, women who are fasting can end their fast.
Advanced Health Report Will Put An End On Your Health Troubles
Make Your Kajari Teej Special With These Remedies
- Light a Diya and make sure that The diya doesn’t fizzle out And lasts for at least 24 hours As it is considered very auspicious. Put extra oil or a glass covering if needed
- Feed Poor/hungry girls wherever you see on this day and receive their blessing too for overall prosperity and happiness.
- If your Luck is not favouring you then on this day visit Radhakrishna temple and offer cardamom and then bring back the green cardamom with you and keep it with you this will enhance your luck.
- If you are facing problems in your married life then on this day visit the temple of Lord Parvathi and donate all the Shringar related things. By doing this you will have a blissful married life.
- If you are suffering from financial crises/issues. Donating black clothes to the needy will help you improve your financial conditions.
- On this day visit Shiva Parvathi Mandir do Puja with proper rituals and then touch the feet of your husband, by doing this the love between husband and wife will increase and they will live a happy married life.
Fast Ends After the Moon Appears
This fast is very similar to the fast of Karva Chauth. There is a tradition of offering water to the Moon on the day Kajri Teej. On this day, women fast throughout the day and before the appearance of the Moon, they take a bath again and worship the Moon with water, Roli, Akshat and Bhoga. The fast ends only after catching a glimpse of the Moon.
On the day of Kajri Teej, various dishes are prepared with wheat, barley, rice sattu, ghee and dry fruits etc. In many places, women enjoy swinging at home, gathering at a place with their friends where they take part in singing and dancing.
Follow AstroSage Instagram Page For Interesting Videos & Posts! Take a look at today’s special post:< class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CS9UPi0HHdn/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="13" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
Cows Should be Worshipped on this Day
In Hinduism, cow has got the status of the holiest animal and is referred to as ‘mother’ in our culture. According to the Vedas and Puranas, all the deities reside in the body of Gau Mata, therefore it is also called the Kamadhenu. Worshiping Gau Mata brings happiness and peace in the house and leads to prosperity. This is the reason why, Gau Mata is specially worshiped on the day of Kajri Teej. Eating after feeding the cows on this day is considered extremely auspicious.
Things To Be Avoided By Married Women on Kajari Teej in 2021
- On this day it is advised not to get angry, cultivate grudges ,bad thoughts, speak ill of anybody or gossip as it is not considered auspicious during this day.
- It is important that you get properly ready and decked up on this day and not just pray and keep fast.
- If you are pregnant it is advised not to keep fast during this day. But you can surely visit the temple and worship.
- avoid wearing white and black clothes on this day as it is not considered auspicious.
- Do not harm the environment in any way if you are keeping this fast.
Things To Be Performed By Married Women on Kajari Teej
- Wearing red colour clothes and green bangles during the puja are considered very auspicious and Lucky for you and your husband
- Use gifts sent by your parents on this day. gifts like clothes, make up, sweets, fruits etc.
- It is very auspicious if you hear Teen Mata stories and songs on this day.
Kajri Teej Fast : Mythology and Legends
There are many famous stories related to Kajri Teej. Today, we are going to tell you about one of these. According to mythological beliefs, on this day, Parvati Mata received Shiva as her husband after observing deep austerity (Tapasya). It was very difficult for Goddess Parvati to get married to Mahadev, the grand patron of the deities.
After observing deep meditation for several years, Parvati Mata could win over Mahadev as her husband. According to the Puranas, after going through 108 life circles, Goddess Parvati was able to marry Lord Shiva. Therefore, if a woman fasts and worships Goddess Parvati and Shiva on this day, she is blessed to live as “Suhagin”/ married forever.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Hope we have enlightened you with this article. Thank you all for associating with us!