People have been worshipping banana plants on Thursdays for centuries to please Lord Vishnu, but not many are aware that this Thursday Puja is known as Kadali Puja. The Banana plant symbolizes Lord Vishnu, the one who protects, preserves, and sustains life on our planet. In Sanatan Dharma, great significance is attached to gods and goddesses. Hindus pray to trees, animals, water bodies, and nature, besides the other manifestations of the divine power.
Each deity in Hinduism governs a specific day. Therefore, each day of the week is dedicated to worship a particular deity. In this regard, Thursday is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Brihaspati. In this blog by AstroSage, we will provide the readers with information about the rituals of performing the Kadali Puja on Thursday, and the benefits you can reap from it.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Know How To Perform Kadali Puja, Dedicated To Lord Vishnu
A Banana plant is known as Kadali in Sanskrit and it is a symbol of Lord Vishnu, therefore, worshipping the Banana tree on Thursday is known as Kadali Puja. Let’s move ahead and find out the rituals of performing this Puja.
Banana Tree in Hinduism
- The banana tree is sacred in Hinduism, and the Prasad is distributed to the devotees on the Banana leaves in the temples.
- Banana is offered to gods and goddesses as Bhog.
- The trunk of the Banana tree is a symbol of prosperity and good luck therefore, it is used for decoration during religious ceremonies and auspicious events in Hinduism.
- It is believed that the devotees can please Lord Ganesha by offering him Banana leaves during the Ganesh Pujan as he is very fond of it.
- In Vedic rituals, the banana tree leaves are mentioned as the most sacred tree leaves.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All Relevant Answers To Your Life Problems!
Kadali Puja: Rituals
- Wake up early on Thursday and take a bath.
- Wear yellow coloured clothes.
- Take a vow to finish the Puja with utmost dedication and devotion.
- Do meditation.
- Apply Chandan and Haldi Tilak to the Banana plant and offer it yellow coloured flowers.
- Mix some water with Haldi in a Kalash and offer it to the plant.
- Chant the Mantra:
ओम् नमो भगवते वसुदेवय”/ om namo bhagavate vasudevaya”/
- Do not consume Banana fruit or any other part of this plant on Thursday.
- The roots of the Banana tree are known to give the same benefits as yellow Sapphire. So, people who cannot afford this gemstone can reap similar benefits by wearing the roots of the Banana plant.
If you are worshipping Lord Brihaspati on this day, chant the Mantra:
ओम् ब्रिहस्पतये नमह”/ om brihaspataye namaha”
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Kadali Puja: Benefits
- By performing the Kadali Puja on Thursday, the devotees get the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
- People going through marital discord can worship Lord Vishnu and Maa Laxmi on this day as they are a symbol of an ideal couple, and they bless the devotees with a harmonious marital life.
- Banana represents prosperity, and it is available all year long. Therefore, devotees who worship the Banana tree on Thursday can get a prosperous life.
- The Mangal Dosh in the horoscope of a person can also be removed by worshipping this auspicious plant.
- Devotees wanting to get married and settle in life get their ideal life partner.
- Financial problems also end with this Puja.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Hope you have liked the information. Thank you all for being a part of AstroSage.