This year, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti is going to be celebrated on January 20, Wednesday. Along with Sikhism, those who have faith in Hinduism, also consider this day very important. For your information, we wish to let you know that Guru Gobind Singh Ji was the tenth and last Guru of Sikhism. Every year, the birthday of Guru Gobind Singh Ji is celebrated in December or January. So, let us know all the important information pertaining to the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call @ AstroSage Varta
Where was Guru Gobind Singh Ji Born?
Guru Gobind Singh Ji was born to Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji in Patna. His mother’s name was Gujari Devi. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji was the ninth Guru of Sikhism. The Gurudwara named as Takhat Sri Patna Sahib is situated in the same city i.e. Patna.
Important Things Associated with the Life of Guru Gobind Singh Ji
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, the father of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, refused to accept the religion of Islam and therefore, he was killed.
- In this regard, people who have faith in Sikhism, consider Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji as their warrior and respect him. The believers also consider him as their role model. He sacrificed his life happily but did change his faith.
- It is said that Gobind Singh Ji prepared an army of warriors for the purpose of teaching a lesson to his father’s killers.
- He always taught his warriors to stick to their religion and asked them to sacrifice their lives if needed.
- He named his army as Khalsa and gave a message to get religious and political freedom.
- He wanted Khalsa to stand against Mughal rulers and fight against their atrocities.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope for your pleasant life!
Significance of Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti
In today’s time, people of India and all over the world who believe in Sikhism, celebrate this day as the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They also remember and follow his religious teachings. He also gave several other teachings to people and among all the teachings, he emphasized that one should pray for others’ progress and respect all other religions. On the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, many stories are recited and heard in Gurudwaras all over the world. His teachings and achievements are highly talked about on this very day. People of different religious backgrounds and different walks of life sit together and eat food (Langar) on the same day.
Reinvent Your Career: Order CogniAstro Professional Report Now!
What was the Purpose of Khalsa Panth?
Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the last Guru of Sikhism, is known to bring many positive changes in his religion and Khalsa Panth was established by him. The Khalsa Panth was considered to be a group of those followers who got the teachings of Sikhism with due rituals.
He explained the significance of five Kakars (Five K’s of Sikhism) of Sikhism when he formed Khalsa Panth. The five Kakars were – Kesha, Kadha, Kanga, Kirpan, Kachera. They are considered to be highly important for the people of Sikh community. People who follow Sikhism still follow the teachings of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and try to bring positive changes in their lives through them.
Compositions of Guru Gobind Singh Ji
Guru Gobind Singh Ji is considered to be the last Guru of Sikhism. In this regard, the question arises who took the leadership of Sikhism after him. He compiled the holy scripture titled Guru Granth Sahib and made people consider it as their Guru henceforth. After him, all the teachings of Sikhism were stored in this holy scripture and it is also considered to be an autobiography of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Several other compositions like Dasam Granth, Jaap Sahib, Akal Ustat, Chandi Charitar, Zafarnamah etc. were also written by him.
Luck in your favour? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Teachings of Guru Gobind Singh Ji
- Never try to oppress helpless people otherwise, the Almighty will take you through the same situation in life.
- One can attain the true blessings of god through good deeds. Also, the god is pleased with the same and keeps his grace on him/her.
- Helping and respecting others is a true devotion to god.
- God has given birth to a human being to distinguish between bad and good.
- A person should always donate one-tenth of his earnings.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for associating with AstroSage!