Gudi Padwa, marks as the beginning of the New Year, is one of the most important festivals celebrated across Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, etc. As per the Hindu Panchang, it is celebrated on the first day (Pratipada Tithi) of Chaitra month.
This festival is known by different names in different parts of the country. Telugu People commemorate this day as Ugadi, while Kannada Hindus refer to this festival as Yugadi.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Know Everything About Career, Finance, Health, Etc.
This year, the festival of Gudi Padwa is going to be celebrated on April 13, 2021. On this very day, people clean their houses and ladies make Rangolis at the main entrance and weave Mango petals and hang them on the doors.
Gudi Padwa: Date & Muhurat
Date & Day : April 13, 2021, i.e. Tuesday
Prathama Tithi Begins at 08:02:25 on April 12, 2021
Prathama Tithi Ends at 10:18:32 on April 13, 2021
Gudi Padwa: Significance & Different Beliefs
- Gudi Padwa is made up of two words i.e. Gudi and Padwa. Gudi signifies the flag of Brahma Ji while Padwa means the first day of the phase of the Moon.
- It is believed that Chatrapati Shivaji celebrated the festival of Gudi Padwa after winning the battle. Due to this, the tradition of celebration has been observed.
- On this very day, Marathi people prepare different kinds of delicious dishes and worship the new crops.
- Whereas it is known as the beginning of the Hindu New Year, it is also known by different names such as Ugadi, Yugadi, Cheti Chand, etc. in the different parts of the country.
- It is believed that Brahma Ji created the universe on this very day and also, was the beginning of Satyuga and therefore, special worship is performed.
- Women put attractive Gudi in the house and worship it. It is believed that Gudi is helpful in getting rid of negative vibes and brings peace and prosperity to the family.
- Some people start their day by consuming Neem petals which in turn keeps them away from blood diseases.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope Throws Light On Various Aspects Of Your Life!।
Gudi Padwa: Mantras
Morning Vrat Sankalp:
ॐ विष्णुः विष्णुः विष्णुः, अद्य ब्रह्मणो वयसः परार्धे श्रीश्वेतवाराहकल्पे जम्बूद्वीपे भारतवर्षे अमुकनामसंवत्सरे चैत्रशुक्ल प्रतिपदि अमुकवासरे अमुकगोत्रः अमुकनामाऽहं प्रारभमाणस्य नववर्षस्यास्य प्रथमदिवसे विश्वसृजः श्रीब्रह्मणः प्रसादाय व्रतं करिष्ये। /
oṃ viṣṇuḥ viṣṇuḥ viṣṇuḥ, adya brahmaṇo vayasaḥ parārdhe śrīśvetavārāhakalpe jambūdvīpe bhāratavarṣe amukanāmasaṃvatsare caitraśukla pratipadi amukavāsare amukagotraḥ amukanāmā’haṃ prārabhamāṇasya navavarṣasyāsya prathamadivase viśvasṛjaḥ śrībrahmaṇaḥ prasādāya vrataṃ kariṣye।
Shodashopachar Puja Sankalp:
ॐ विष्णुः विष्णुः विष्णुः, अद्य ब्रह्मणो वयसः परार्धे श्रीश्वेतवाराहकल्पे जम्बूद्वीपे भारतवर्षे अमुकनामसंवत्सरे चैत्रशुक्ल प्रतिपदि अमुकवासरे अमुकगोत्रः अमुकनामाऽहं प्रारभमाणस्य नववर्षस्यास्य प्रथमदिवसे विश्वसृजो भगवतः श्रीब्रह्मणः षोडशोपचारैः पूजनं करिष्ये।/
oṃ viṣṇuḥ viṣṇuḥ viṣṇuḥ, adya brahmaṇo vayasaḥ parārdhe śrīśvetavārāhakalpe jambūdvīpe bhāratavarṣe amukanāmasaṃvatsare caitraśukla pratipadi amukavāsare amukagotraḥ amukanāmā’haṃ prārabhamāṇasya navavarṣasyāsya prathamadivase viśvasṛjo bhagavataḥ śrībrahmaṇaḥ ṣoḍaśopacāraiḥ pūjanaṃ kariṣye।
The observer of the fast also has to recite the Mantra given below after the worship.
ॐ चतुर्भिर्वदनैः वेदान् चतुरो भावयन् शुभान्।
ब्रह्मा मे जगतां स्रष्टा हृदये शाश्वतं वसेत्।।
oṃ caturbhirvadanaiḥ vedān caturo bhāvayan śubhān।
brahmā me jagatāṃ sraṣṭā hṛdaye śāśvataṃ vaset।।
Is Luck Favourable or Unfavourable? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Gudi Padwa: Legends
As per prevailing beliefs, Lord Brahma is worshipped on this very day as he created the universe as well as time. This festival is celebrated in different parts of the country and is known by different names and is considered to be the first day of the creation of the universe.
As per another legend associated with Gudi Padwa, the day marks the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana and the returning of Lord Rama after the exile of 14 years.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!