Govardhan Puja, as per the Hindu Panchang, is celebrated right after Diwali. On this day, it is a ritual to worship Gau Mata, Govardhan Parvat and Lord Shri Krishna.
Talk To Astrologers On Call @ AstroSage Varta
The festival of Govardhan Puja will be celebrated on Sunday, November 15 this year. Venerating these deities during the auspicious muhurat helps to attain desired outcomes. This festival is widely celebrated in the month of Kartik during Shukla Paksha on Pratipada and dedicated to livestock and agriculture. It is believed that performing the Puja as per the rituals helps to appease Lord Krishna and seek his blessings.
Unending problems in life? Ask questions and know how to overcome them!
Circumambulating Around Govardhan Hill
Circumambulating or walking around the Govardhan Parvat on the day of Govardhan Puja is considered of high importance. Thousands of devotees and tourists visit the district of Mathura, Uttar Pradesh to witness the grand celebration and perform the ritual. As the total distance to be covered during the Govardhan Parikrama is 21 Kms, devotees perform the circumambulation according to their reverence and capabilities. You can walk or take a vehicle to perform the Parikrama.
Most Accurate Career Counselling For You: CogniAstro Professional Report
Rules for Govardhan Parvat Parikrama
Certain rules must be observed while performing the Parikrama around the Govardhan Parvat. Read about them below:
- Climbing on the sacred hill is strictly prohibited.
- Make sure that the Govardhan Hill appears on your right. Also, avoid spitting or washing hands near the hill.
- Avoid showing your feet or back to the mountain.
- It is considered inauspicious to wash your hands or feet in the Kunds (Mansi Kund, Shyam Kund, Shri Radha Kund, Govind Kund) and Ponds situated around the premises.
- Try and perform the Parikrama without engaging in worldly conversations.
- Do not upset anyone while performing the circumambulation.
- It is advised not to face your back or feet towards the Lord Giriraj Maharaj.
Are you looking for a successful life? Raj Yoga Report has all answers!
Annakoot on Govardhan Puja
In various temple sites, the ceremony of Annakoot is organized. In this, a heap of grains and cereals is offered to Lord Krishna when worshipping him. The Bhog of milk-based sweets and other delicacies are also offered to the Lord. After the offering is made, these items are distributed as Prasad to the devotees.
Get Now: List of International Holidays 2020 & Observances 2020
Govardhan Puja Rituals
Various rituals are performed when conducting the Govardhan Puja. Following them rightfully helps to procure favourable results and seek the blessings of the divine.
- Make an effigy of Govardhan Parvat using cow dung on the ground.
- Decorate it with flowers, colours and peacock feathers, offer it water, and light diyas and incense sticks.
- In the evening, Govardhan Puja must be performed with sacred thread, curd, milk and Batashe.
- Now, circumambulate around the Govardhan Hill made of cow dung after offering Naivedyam.
Read in detail: Govardhan Puja Rituals and Puja Vidhi
The ritual of performing Govardhan Puja is beautiful and purifies one’s mind, heart and soul. We wish you and your family a Happy Govardhan Puja.
For Astrological Remedies including Gemstones, Yantra, etc., Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
For regular updates, blogs and predictions, connect with us on Twitter @AstroSageSays!
We Hope That This Article On Dhanteras Was Helpful For You! AstroSage Wishes You A Prosperous Dhanteras and Happy Diwali!