The preparations for Ganesh Chaturthi or Ganesh Utsav (Ganeshotsav 2021) are all over the air as Bappa is all set to grace us with his presence. In the domain of Sanatan Dharma, this festival is related to Lord Ganesha and is said to have special significance. During this special festival that lasts for 10 days, Bappa resides in people’s homes. Ganeshotsav begins on the Shukla Chaturthi of Bhadrapada month as per zodiac sign and ends with Ganesh Visarjan on the day of Anant Chaturdashi.
This year, Ganeshotsav or Ganesh Chaturthi 2021 will begin on Friday, 10 September 2021, and will be followed by Ganesh Visarjan 2021 on 19 September.
If you want to know more about this day, then talk to our learned astrologers on the phone now.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2021: Auspicious Muhurat
Mid-Day Muhurat for Ganesh Puja from :11:02:58 to 13:32:52
Duration : 2 hours 29 minutes
Time Period to Avoid Viewing the Moon: 09:11:59 to 20:52:59
Note: The timings given above are valid for New Delhi only. You can know the auspicious time of your city by clicking here.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2021: A Beautiful Coincidence on the Cards!
According to Hindu religious beliefs and practices, Lord Ganesha is worshiped first before initiating any holy activity. He is the ruling deity of learning, wisdom, destroyer of obstacles, auspicious, protector, provider of accomplishment, prosperity, strength and respect. In such a situation, people worship Lord Ganesha to get the blessings of all these things in their life and to get good luck and victory in everything they do.
For the information of our readers, let us tell you that every month Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated on the Chaturthi Tithi of Krishna Paksha and apart from this, the Vinayaka Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated on the Chaturthi Tithi of Shukla Paksha. However, every year on Ganesh Chaturthi, devotees stretch the extent of their devotion by specially worshipping Lord Ganesha on this special day due to the presence of Lord Ganesha.
In the state of Maharashtra specifically, this festival is celebrated as Ganesh Utsav or Ganeshotsav. It lasts for 10 days and is celebrated on a grand scale. During this, large idols of Lord Ganesha are decorated in pandals and people’s houses, ritualistic worship is performed and in the end the Lord Ganesha is immersed in the waters which includes large scale celebrations. During this, people bid adieu to Bappa with a promise that he will visit them next year early.
As we have already mentioned, Ganesh Chaturthi is a very significant festival. In such a situation, some auspicious Yogas are also getting created on Ganesh Chaturthi this year, which are making this festival even more special. According to AstroSage’s well-known and learned astrologer Acharya Mragaank,
“September 10 2021, on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, the planets Mercury and Mars will conjunct in Virgo and Venus and Moon will be in Libra thereon. Libra is Venus’ own zodiac sign and Venus and Moon are considered to be female-featured planets, so due to the conjunction of both of them in this house, this Ganesh Chaturthi will be very auspicious for women.
Due to the conjunction of Mars and Mercury in Virgo, people should stay away from unnecessary debates because when the energy of Mars gets to Mercury in the form of tongue, it becomes bitter and starts penetrating people’s minds. Due to this, enemies are born and disorders also start developing in the body. That’s why one should think before you speak.
The good thing about this day is that on this very day, the Sun and Saturn will be in their respective signs. This will be a very pleasant situation for the society and the government.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope Throws Light On Various Aspects Of Your Life!
Ganesh Chaturthi 2021: Puja Vidhi
The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi or Ganeshotsav is mainly celebrated for 10 days. However those who install the idol of Lord Ganesha at their homes can bring home Lord Ganpati for 1 day, 3 days, 5 days, or even 7 days and then bid farewell to Bappa.
Here are the Puja Vidhis you keep in mind for the day.
- Wake up during the Brahma Muhurat and take a bath after retiring from all your daily activities.
- After this, remember Lord Ganapati and prepare for the worship.
- If possible, wear red colored clothes or yellow colored clothes on this day.
- After this, fill water in a clean Kalash and put betel nut in it and tie the Kalash with a clean cloth.
- After this, install a pallet/podium and spread a clean red cloth over it.
- Before doing the installation, bathe Lord Ganesha’s idol with Panchamrit. After this, sprinkle Gangajal over the idol and install it over the Podium.
- After this, keep two betel nuts (in the form of Riddhi and Siddhi Mata) on the podium along with Lord Ganesha.
- After the installation, offer fruits, flowers, etc. to Lord Ganesha and offer water from the fruit.
- Post this, apply Roli, Akshat and a silver coin to Lord Ganesha.
- After this, offer red flowers, Janeu(a sacred thread), betel, betel nut, clove, cardamom, and Bhog in the worship.
- If possible, offer Modak to the Lord on this day.
- After this, worship Lord Ganesha with the Shodashopachara method.
- Offer 21 laddus and in the end perform the aarti of Lord Ganesha, after which chant the mantras of Lord Ganesha.
Include these Mantras of Lord Ganesha in your Puja Vidhi
vakratuṇḍa mahākāya sūryakoṭi samaprabha।
nirvighnaṃ kuru me deva sarvakāryeṣu sarvadā॥
oṃ śrī gaṃ gaṇapataye nama: ।
वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि समप्रभ।
निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा॥
ॐ श्री गं गणपतये नम: ।
Important Information: If you install an idol of Bappa in your home then you are advised to take care of them like a small child. Offer them clean and freshly made Bhog and offer them their favorite item Modak every day. Now if you want, you can also offer Motichoor or gram flour/Besan ladoos.
Follow AstroSage Instagram Page For Interesting Videos & Posts! Take a look at today’s special post:
Do’s and Don’ts During Ganesh Utsav
- Avoid consuming onions, garlic, Tamasic food items, alcohol etc. during this 10-day long Ganeshotsav. Mainly on the day of Chaturthi, do not consume these things even by mistake.
- It is forbidden to see the moon on Chaturthi. In such a situation, avoid seeing the moon during this time.
- It is said that Lord Ganesha, who is the remover of obstacles in everyone’s lives, is very fond of animals, which is why do not disturb any animal, bird or helpless ones and serve them as much as possible during these 10 days.
- Wear mainly red or yellow clothes on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi. Avoid wearing black and white clothes.
- Never include Tulsi in the Bhog of Lord Ganesha. Doing so may anger Lord Ganesha.
- Avoid lying on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi and if possible during Ganeshotsav. Do not deceive anyone, do not wish evil to anyone and do not disturb anyone. It is said that lying on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi can lead to loss of money.
- Do not worship any old idol of Lord Ganesha or keep two or more than two idols of him.
- Make arrangements for cleanliness and lighting around the idol of Lord Ganesha. Do not worship in the dark nor keep Lord Ganesha in the dark.
- If possible, avoid any kind of fight, debate, or discord during Ganeshotsav.
- All the people of the family should live happily and harmoniously and worship Lord Ganesha in the morning and evening together. It is said that Ganesh Puja is fruitful only then.
Bhog Items as per Zodiac Signs!
Readers should know that 10 things in majority are very dear to Lord Ganesha. In such a situation, people definitely include these 10 things in their worship. These items are: Modak, Motichoor ladoos, Besan ladoos, Banana, Jaggery, some green cheese, Kheer, Coconut, Makhane ki Kheer, and any sweets of yellow colour.
You can offer any of these things to Lord Ganesha during Ganesh Utsav. However, if you want to offer Bhog to Lord Ganesha according to your zodiac sign, then we are providing you with the information below.
Aries: You should offer Boondi ladoos to Lord Ganesha. This will bring happiness in your life.
Taurus: People of this zodiac should offer Modak to Lord Ganesha. By doing this, the problems of your life will be removed and you will get relief from stress.
Gemini: People of Gemini zodiac sign should offer jaggery to Lord Ganesha. With this, all of your wishes will be fulfilled.
Cancer: Offer Modak and butter to Lord Ganesha. By doing this, all the sorrows of your life will be removed and happiness will find it;s way in your life.
Leo: Natives of Leo zodiac can offer jaggery to Lord Ganesha. By doing this, there will be growth in your life.
Virgo: The natives of Virgo zodiac should offer green Moong(lentils) and jaggery to Lord Ganesha. By doing this, you will get success in your life and all the stalled work will definitely get completed.
Libra: The natives of Libra zodiac should offer Boondi ladoos to Lord Ganesha. By doing this, .
Scorpio: The people of Scorpio zodiac should offer red colored rice to Lord Ganesha. By doing this all the problems of life will be removed.
Sagittarius: The people of the Sagittarius zodiac should offer Modak and Banana to Lord Ganesha. By doing this all your wishes will be fulfilled and there will be happiness in life.
Capricorn: The natives of Capricorn should offer ladoos made of Motichur to Lord Ganesha. By doing this you will get the blessings of Lord Ganesha in your life.
Aquarius: Natives of Aquarius zodiac sign should offer Boondi ladoos to Lord Ganesha. By doing this you will get success in your life.
Pisces: People born in Pisces can offer Besan ladoos and almonds to Ganesha. By doing this you will get happiness and prosperity in life.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!