Navratri’s eighth day witnesses the celebrations and festivities dedicated to Goddess Mahagauri. She is also considered to be the eighth incarnation of Maa Durga. Beliefs and religious conventions regard her as the ‘Aadi Shakti’.
Ask A Question From Our Expert Astrologer & Get Solutions To Life Problems
It is also said that at a very early age she went through deep austerity because of which she is paid reverence to on the eighth day of Navratri. In order to get married to Mahadev or Lord Shiva Shiva, she performed a tedious austerity and that is when her whole body turned black. Shiv Ji came to her rescue and showered some Gangaajal upon her when he was pleased with her austerity. At that very moment her body turned white and this is how she came to be known as Mahagauri
She comes riding on a bull and has four arms. Goddess Mahagauri is quite pleasant and elegant to look at and dons herself in white coloured clothes. The arm above her left hand is in Abhay Mudra and she holds a Trident with the hand situated below. The hand above the left arm also holds a dumbroo and the one which is below is in Var Mudra. The mantra given below should be chanted while worshipping goddess mahagauri.
‘śvete vṛṣesamārūḍhā śvetāmbaradharā śuciḥ, mahāgaurī śubhaṃ dadyānmahādeva pramodadā’ / ‘श्वेते वृषेसमारूढा श्वेताम्बरधरा शुचिः, महागौरी शुभं दद्यान्महादेव प्रमोददा’
What’s in Store For your Life Next? Brihat Horoscope gives you the answer!
How to Worship Goddess Mahagauri?
- Start worshipping the Goddess after taking a bath and purifying yourself.
- Eulogize Mahagauri Devi and light a lamp in front of her.
- While worshipping Mahagauri Devi, use white or yellow coloured flowers.
- Coconut, pudding (kheer), puri(bread) and vegetable etc. are also offered to the Goddess.
- Perform Aarti after the Puja rituals are done.
- It is believed that if Mahagauri Devi is worshiped during midnight, it can prove to be more fruitful.
Which Colour Should be Worn While Worshipping Goddess Mahagauri?
Goddess Mahagauri is given the status of Sarsauvagyadayani. The color of this Goddesses is described as Gaur Varna(orange) and she wears blood red clothes. In such a situation, devotees are also advised to wear orange or red colored clothes during their worship
Get Your Free Kundli Now With Online Software
Worship Goddess Mahagauri for these Benefits
- After worshipping Goddess MahaGauri, all the sins of a person get washed away. As a result, his/her mind and soul gets purified.
- The impure and immoral thoughts also vanish from a person’s life after worshipping Goddess Mahagauri.
- Positive energy starts flowing in after offering prayers to Goddess Mahagauri.
- Those human beings who lack concentration in their lives, are advised to worship Mahagauri Devi.
- Apart from this, by worshiping this form of Goddess with a true devoted mind, one can get rid of problems like diabetes and hormones and eye disease.
Find Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator!
Astrological Input on Goddess
As per astrological calculations, Goddess Mahagauri governs the planet Rahu. Hence, by worshipping this Goddess, one can also negate the malefic effects of Rahu.
We hope that you will appreciate this blog of ours. Thankyou for connecting with us!!