According to Hindu Calendar, Vaishakh Purnima is celebrated on the Purnima of Vaishakh Month. In Buddhism, people believe that the Lord Buddha took birth on this day. On the other hand, in Hinduism Lord Buddha is considered as the 9th Avatar of Lord Vishnu. So, in both the religions, this day is celebrated with full admiration. In 2022, there will also be a Lunar Eclipse on Buddha Purnima. Therefore, this time both lords Vishnu and Buddha will be worshiped.
Speak with World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Learn More About This Day
Significance of Buddha Purnima
According to the beliefs, donation and charity are quite important on this day and it is done after praying and worshiping Lord Vishnu on Buddha Purnima. It is said that this practice removes all the problems and worries of people’s lives and also purifies the soul and wash away all the wrong deeds which were committed unknowingly by the person.
And according to Shastra, observing fast on Buddha Purnima of Satya Vinayak is quite fruitful. The reason behind it is, it makes Dharmaraj Yamraj happy and the danger of premature death is averted. This is the reason, it is auspicious to donate white things and goods on this day like sugar, white sesame seeds, milk, wheat flour, curd, rice pudding (Kheer), etcetera.
Date & Time Of Buddha Purnima
Date: 16 May, 2022
Hindu Month: Vaishakh
Paksha: Shukla Paksha
Starting of Purnima Tithi: 15 May, 2022 at 12:47:23
Ending of Purnima Tithi: 16 May, 2022 till 09:45:15
The fast of Vaishakh Purnima will be observed on 16 May, 2022 and on this day, Buddha Purnima will be celebrated.
Note:- This Muhurat is given for New Delhi. To know the Shubh Muhurat in your city, click: Vaishakh Purnima 2022
Is Luck Favourable or Unfavourable? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Religious Method & Rituals On Buddha Purnima
The religious methods and rituals of observing Vaishakh Purnima fast is similar to other Purnima. But further you are going to know about the rituals followed on this day which provide fruitful results.
- On Buddha Purnima one should wake up early before the sunrise in Brahma Muhurta and take bath in a pious river. If there is no river near your house then pour Gangajal in the bucket full of water and take a bath.
- After taking bath, while chanting the Surya Mantra, and offer water to Sun in a copper urn (Kalash).
- After observing fast, duly worship Lord Vishnu.
- It is believed that on Buddha Purnima donating an unr filled of water and dish in the name of Dharamraj brings positive results.
- Also, by donating the white sugar along with white sesame seeds to 5 to 7 needy people and Brahmins, you wash away all the wrong deeds which are done by mistake.
- It is quite auspicious to light a lamp of sesame seed oil and do Tarpan of the sesame seeds.
- If you are observing fast, then you should eat your meal only once a day.
Beginning Of 2 Auspicious Yogas On Vaishakh Purnima
According to Hindu Panchang, there is the beginning of auspicious Yogas on Vaishakh Purnima, Variyan Yoga and Parigh Yoga. In Shastra, all the Manglik acts performed during Variyan Yoga provide success to the natives. Besides this, any type of tasks which are done against the enemies during the Parigh Yoga are always successful.
Variyan Yoga Beginning: 15 May, 2022 from 09:48:30
Variyan Yoga Ending : 16 May, 2022 till 06:16:50
Parigha Yoga Beginning : 16 May, 2022 from 06:16:51
Parigha Yoga Ending: 17 May, 2022 till 02:30:38
AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All The Valuable Insights Into Future
Remedies On Vaishakh Or Buddha Purnima
- By distributing Kheer made of rice and dry fruits in the form of Prasad, native receives peace and strength and it brings balance and harmony in his life.
- Lightning Dhoop-incense sticks or a lamp of cow Ghee removes the negative energy surrounding you.
- Donating necessary things and white clothes to the needy and impoverished people brings mental peace.
Aries: Natives belonging to Aries should arrange drinking water in a pot or a water cooler for thirsty people. It will bring good luck to them.
Taurus: Donate shoes, slippers, umbrellas, etcetera to the needy people. It will add more possibility of success in their efforts and provide them with auspicious results.
Gemini: Donate the seasonal fruits like Muskmelon, Watermelon, Mango etcetera. You will receive virtue.
Cancer: Donate umbrellas to the travelers or wanderers because according to Hindu scriptures providing shade to people in Vaishakh month, one gets blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Leo: Donate barley on this day, if not possible then donate grains to poor people, this practice will fulfill all desires of Leos.
Virgo: Natives of Virgo, donate fan or cooler to an orphanage, they will always receive auspicious results.
Libra: Plants shady trees on this day so that people can get shade from these trees in future. This practice will remove their misfortune.
Scorpio: Scorpions natives should donate muskmelon or watermelon to a brahmin by placing it on a utensil. Also give Dakshina to him. It is considered to be quite auspicious.
Sagittarius: Do the arrangement of drinking water for the devotees in the temple. It will make the natives’ life cooler.
Capricorn: Capricorn natives should arrange drinking water for animals and birds. For this, you can make a small mud pot or a reservoir. This practice makes Tridev happy and he showers his blessings on the natives.
Aquarius: Donate cotton clothes to the needy people, it will please Lord Shani and he will shower his blessings on you.
Pisces: Make arrangements of food and water for the people who are on Pilgrimages. You will get best results after this.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Precautions During Lunar Eclipse
As it has already been mentioned above that Lunar Eclipse will occur on Vaishakh Purnima. However, in India this eclipse will occur on 16 May, 2022 from 08:59 a.m till 10:23 a.m that’s why its visibility will be zero and also its Sutak Kaal will not be important. But it will be seen as a big celestial event so you must follow some precautions on this day. They are as follows:
- Till the end of the Sutak Kaal, meditate on God.
- Don’t touch the picture or idol of God during the lunar eclipse.
- Do donation and charity according to your capacities during lunar eclipse.
- Chant the Mantra “oṃ kṣīraputrāya vidmahe amṛta tatvāya dhīmahi tanno candraḥ pracodayāt”, to avoid the negative effect of lunar eclipse.
- During Sutak Kaal you are prohibited from eating and drinking, cutting nails, cutting hair, brushing, combing, passing stool or urine.
- Avoid doing any Manglik or auspicious task during this period.
- Purify your house by sprinkling Ganga Jal, once the Sutak Kaal ends.
- Pregnant ladies must avoid using sharp or pointed objects like knife, scissors, needle etcetera during the Sutak Kaal.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!