Ashadha Amavasya holds high importance in astrology, and since it is falling on the same day when the first Solar Eclipse of 2020 is occuring, its impact increases. If you wish to understand the effect of these astrological events on your life in detail, you can get your own Brihat Kundli, which will act as a life guide.
Advanced Health Report Will Put An End On Your Health Troubles
If you have any question in your mind about the Ashadha Amavasya puja rituals, Solar Eclipse or any other life troubles, you can click here to consult our expert astrologer and get accurate answers.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Amid Coronavirus fear, Ashadh Amavasya will be celebrated on Sunday, 21 June. From a religious point of view, the day of Amavasya is said to be of high importance. On this day, natives usually perform charitable activities, make donations and carry out Tarpan for the ancestors. Amavasya falling in the month of Ashadha is considered special. Bathing in holy rivers and visiting religious pilgrimage sites is considered auspicious. However, since government has urged people to stay home and follow the guidelines pertaining to Social Distancing, you are requested not to go out in public areas and postpone such traveling ideas.
Ashadha Amavasya Muhurat & Duration
|June 20, 2020, Amavasya Begins From 11:53:51|
|June 21, 2020, Amavasya Ends At 12:12:45|
Find Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator
Importance of Ashadha Amavasya
Ashada is said to be the fourth month of the Hindu Year according to the Hindu Panchang or Calendar. The rainy season starts with the end of this month. Religiously, the day of Ashada Amavasya holds high significance. On this Amavasya, religious activities performed in the name of ancestors and forefathers are said to be highly fruitful. It has been said that bathing in any holy river and visiting pilgrimage sites on this day gives desired results.
Unending Problems? Ask a Question and Get Relevant Solutions!!
First Solar Eclipse Of 2020 On This Day
The first Solar Eclipse of the year 2020 will occur on the Amavasya during the month of Ashadha. The Solar Eclipse usually occurs on the Amavasya or New Moon day. This eclipse can be visible in India, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, America and Africa, hence its effect will be witnessed on its natives. For your information, let us tell you that in the year 2020, a total of two occurrences of Solar Eclipse will be seen. The first will be visible on the day of Ashadha Amavasya, i.e. 21 June, while the second and last Solar Eclipse will occur on December 14.
Click Here To Read In Detail: Solar Eclipse 2020 Dates & Timings
Religious Acts on Ashadha Amavasya
Like every Amavasya, performing Tarpan for the ancestors has special significance. Some special rituals are performed on this day, which are as follows-
- On Ashada Amavasya, take a bath in any river, reservoir or pool.
- On this day, after offering Arghya to the Lord Sun, the ritual of Tarpan must be carried out for ancestors.
- You can also fast for the salvation of your ancestors.
- On the day of Ashadha Amavasya, offer donations to any poor or Brahmin.
- On this day, light a Diya or lamp using mustard oil under the Peepal tree in the evening and remember your ancestors. Circumambulate around the tree seven times.
- To eliminate life’s troubles, make flour dough balls and feed the fish.
- On Amavasya, offer flour mixed with sugar to ants. Doing this will help you atone for your sinful deeds and fulfill your desires. Also, you will be able to gain fruitful results of your good deeds.
However, amid this ongoing worldwide pandemic, you are advised to avoid going out and carry out such rituals within your house itself while staying safe.
Get the Most Detailed Kundli Report Ever with Brihat Horoscope
Puja Rituals To Follow On The Day Of Amavasya
- On the day of Amavasya, bathe at night and wear clean, yellow-colored clothes.
- Now, facing north, sit on the seat made of Wool or Kusha.
- After this, make a Swastika or “ॐ/Om” in a plate placed on a wooden platform or stool in front of you and install Mahalakshmi Yantra.
- After that, place a conch shell on the plate in front of it.
- Get some saffron-colored rice and put it inside the conch shell.
- Now light a lamp or Diya using ghee and chant the following mantra eleven times-
सिद्धि बुद्धि प्रदे देवि भुक्ति मुक्ति प्रदायिनी। मंत्र पुते सदा देवी महालक्ष्मी नमोस्तुते।।
siddhi buddhi prade devi bhukti mukti pradāyinī। maṃtra pute sadā devī mahālakṣmī namostute।।
Get Astrological Services & Solutions: AstroSage Online Store
Hope you have liked the information given in this article about Ashadha Amavasya. Thank you all for being a part of AstroSage.