Annapurna Jayanti will be celebrated on 8th December 2022 on Purnima of Margashirsha month. This day will bless all the devotees of Devi Annapurna with good fortune. On this auspicious day, the devotees indulge in celebrations for the puja with joy and enthusiasm. It is believed that, in ancient times, when there was a situation of scarcity of grains (Ann) on earth, then Goddess Parvati (Gauri) incarnated as “Maa Annapurna” the Ann Devi (the Goddess Of Grains), to eradicate the scarcity of food on earth and to protect the mankind.
According to Hindu Calendar, Goddess Annapurna was born on the Purnima date of Margashirsha. And that’s why Annapurna Jayanti is celebrated on the day of Margashirsha Purnima. Annapurna Devi is worshiped with complete devotion and rituals on this day as she is considered one of the best incarnations of Goddess Gauri for her devotees. By worshiping Goddess Annapurna, the devotees will be blessed with happiness and prosperity.
To Know More About This Week, Talk To The Best Astrologers!
Why Annapurna Jayanti Is Important?
According to mythological stories, Mata Parvati was incarnated as Annapurna and was born on the Purnima date of Margashirsha month. It is believed that on this day by worshiping Maa Annapurna, there will never be drought or scarcity of food. With this, there will also be financial growth. After puja, doing donations can give you auspicious results.
Find Answers To All Your Questions Now: Ask A Question From A Learned Astrologer!
Annapurna Jayanti 2022 Date & Time Duration
Purnima Date Begin: 7 December, 08:03 am
Purnima Date End: 8 December, 9:40 am
Abhijeet Muhurat: From 11:55 am to 12:37 pm
Annapurna Jayanti will be celebrated on 8 December 2022
Annapurna Jayanti 2022 Puja Muhurat
Shubh Uttam Muhurat: From 7:00 am to 8:am
Laabh Unnati Muhurat: From 12:30 to 1:53 pm
Amrit- Sarvottam Muhurat: From 01:00 pm to 03:16 pm
Note: With Annapurna Jayanti, Margashirsha Purnima will also be celebrated, click here to read more.
Worried About Your Career, Order CogniAstro Report Now!
Is It True, Lord Shiva Took Food From Maa Annapurna?
Yes, it is true, as there was a condition of drought and scarcity of food on earth. The green land on earth turned into barren lands. The production of crops got destroyed. The living species faced crises and then Lord Shiva took the form of a beggar and Maa Parvati who was incarnated and born as Maa Annapurna gave food to Lord Shiva (in the form of a beggar). Then with this food, Lord Shiva eradicated the scarcity of food on earth.
Free Online Birth Horoscope!
Do’s & Dont’s On Annapurna Jayanti 2022
- Do not consume Tamsik food on Annapurna Jayanti.
- Offer food to Brahmins and poor people.
- Help the needy on this day.
- Do not disrespect the food.
- Feed fodder and green leaves to cows on this day.
- Offer food to needy people on this day as per your will.
To Know The Time Of Raj Yoga, Order Now: Raj Yoga Report!
Annapurna Jayanti 2022 Pujan Vidhi
- Get up early in Brahma Muhurat and wear clean clean clothes after taking a bath.
- After this, clean your kitchen properly and purify it with Ganga water.
- Place a picture of Maa Annapurna on a red cloth.
- Apply tika to Maa Annapurna and offer flowers.
- Just apply roli, turmeric and akshat on the stove.
- Worship Maa Annapurna by lighting incense and diya.
- Worship Maa Parvati and Lord Shiva as well.
- Once you have completed the puja, make rice pudding on the stove.
- Firstly, offer the rice pudding (kheer) to Maata and then distribute it to everyone as prasad.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store!
We hope you liked our blog. We thank you for becoming an important part of the AstroSage family. For more interesting blogs, stay with us!