According to the Gregorian Calendar, Margashirsha month falls in November-December and this period is considered extremely important for Hindus. It is considered sacred, pious, and people start their day of this Amavasya by taking a holy bath in the sacred rivers. Another name of Margashirsha Amavasya is Agahan Amavasya, and it is believed that this Amavasya is as auspicious as Kartik Amavasya.
Speak With World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Know Everything About Margashirsha Amavasya Vrat 2021
Margashirsha Amavasya: Significance
On the day of Margashirsha Amavasya, devotees worship Goddess Lakshmi with due rituals just as they do on the festival of lights, Diwali. It is a favourable day for taking a ritualistic bath on the bank of the Ganga River. The day of Amavasya is also considered sacred for performing good deeds like donating food and other needful items to the poor and needy people. Making donations and performing charities, and other religious activities serves a great purpose in life.
One of the most exclusive things that are done on the day of Margashirsha Amavasya is the spiritual worship for the ancestors. This day is observed as the day of remembering and praising the forefathers and ancestors. By doing so, it is believed one can attain a blissful family life and get rid of all the Doshas.
Why Are Ancestors Worshipped on Margashirsha Amavasya?
The Margashirsha month has great significance due to many reasons. It is believed that the many verses of Geeta were imparted in this month and that is why Amavasya falling in this month is considered very fruitful. In this regard, the natives who have serious vices in their horoscope like Pitra Dosh, their ancestors are upset with them, or the yogas of remaining childless are forming in their charts are advised to observe a fast on Margashirsha Amavasya. It is said that by observing a fast on this Amavasya, not only your ancestors become happy, but you also attain the blessings of Lord Brahma, Lord Indra, Lord Rudra, Surya Dev, Agni Dev, etc. Therefore, offering obeisance to the ancestors on this day is considered beneficial.
Margashirsha Amavasya: Auspicious Muhurat
This year, Margashirsha Amavasya is falling on December 4, 2021.
Amavasya Tithi Begins- 16:58:21 (December 3, 2021)
Amavasya Tithi Ends- 13:15:21 (December 4, 2021)
Note: The above Muhurat is admissible for Delhi only. Click on Margashirsha Amavasya 2021 to know the auspicious timings of your city.
250+ Pages Personalised AstroSage Brihat Horoscope For All Possible Solutions To Your Life Problems!
Margashirsha Amavasya: Religious Beliefs
Margashirsha month is a sacred one that is full of devotion and reverence. This month is considered fruitful for various religious activities. A new moon month holds a special place in religious folklore on the day of Margashirsha Amavasya. During the entire month of Margashirsha, devotion towards Lord Krishna is considered highly beneficial, along with the worship of ancestors. Devotees who want to attain salvation (Moksha) and reap special benefits should observe a fast on Margashirsha Amavasya.
Advanced Health Report Will Keep You Away From Health Troubles!
Margashirsha Amavasya Vrat: Puja Vidhi
- Besides observing a fast on Margashirsha Amavasya, the devotees must wake up early to indulge in a proper ritualistic Puja.
- They are required to take a bath early in the morning in the holy river. If going to the holy river is not possible, the devotees can mix a few drops of Gangajal in their bathing water for purification.
- One should read the Satyanarayana Katha on this day, worship Lord Krishna, and read the “Gita”.
- After taking a bath, devotees who are observing the Margashirsha Amavasya Vrat must offer milk and water in the Peepal tree.
The last Solar Eclipse of 2021 is falling on Margashirsha Amavasya
Like we have mentioned, water is offered to the Sun after bathing on the day of Margashirsha Amavasya. In this regard, we would like to inform you that the last Solar Eclipse of the year is also falling on the same day as Margashirsha Amavasya this year. So, by performing the Puja of Sun with proper rituals, you will not only attain Surya Dev’s blessings but also protect yourself from the ill effects of the Solar Eclipse.
Solar Eclipse Timings: From 10:59 to 15:07
This Solar Eclipse will be visible from- Antarctica, South Africa, the Southern part of the Atlantic, Australia, and South America.
The Solar Eclipse will mostly affect these zodiac signs and constellations- The last Solar Eclipse of the year will have the most impact on the natives bearing the Scorpio sign and people born under the Anuradha and Jyestha Nakshatras.
Is Luck Favourable or Unfavourable? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Things to Keep in Mind on Margashirsha Amavasya
- One must not consume Tamasik items like meat, liquor, etc. on this day. Eat only Sattvik food items.
- Refrain from buying any item made of salt, iron, or oil. It is believed that purchasing such items leads to poverty in the house.
- Spouses must refrain from having intercourse on this day as a child born from intercourse on the day of Margashirsha Amavasya faces a life full of difficulties and challenges.
- Do not go to secluded places, including a graveyard or cremation ground on a new moon day, as is it believed that the evil forces remain quite active on this day.
- One must wake up early on Amavasya. Add black teak to your bathing water. It must be followed by offering water to the Sun and worshipping with proper rituals.
Clues On What May Lie Ahead Are Available With Our Esteemed Astrologers
Things to Get Rid of Pitradosh and Other Vices in Kundli
- Wake up early and take a bath in a holy river or pond.
- Then, offer Arghya to the Sun.
- Put sesame seeds in the running water after bathing and recite the Gayatri Mantra while doing it.
- Worship Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva.
- Make donations in the name of your ancestors at the banks of the river and seek salvation with the purity of your heart.
- Devotees observing a fast on Margashirsha Amavasya must avoid consuming food or water on this day.
- After performing the Puja, feed the needy and Brahmans, and donate clothes and other essential items to them as per your financial capacity.
Remedies to Overcome Difficulties in Life
- Margashirsha Amavasya is falling on Saturday this year, so worshipping Shani Dev (Saturn) on this day can prove to be highly beneficial. Visit a Shani temple and light a mustard oil lamp/Diya before the idol. Besides this, sit in the temple and recite Shani Chalisa.
- When an Amavasya falls on Saturday, it is called Shani Amavasya. So, this day is considered suitable and fruitful to get rid of any Doshas related to Saturn in the horoscope. To free yourself from Shani Dosh on Margashirsha Amavasya, worship a Peepal tree, and you must light a mustard oil lamp/Diya under this tree.
- Recite Shani Mantras, read Shani Chalisa, and donate food items and other essentials to the poor and needy. It is said Shani Dev gets pleased by it, and you can get rid of Shani Dosha in the horoscope.
- To attain the blessings of your ancestors and reduce the effect of Pitra Dosh, feed the needy, and birds and animals on this day in the name of your ancestors. If you cook your ancestors’ favourite meals on this day, it is considered very auspicious.
- Burn cow-dung balls and spread its smoke all over the house to remove negativity.
- Preparing Kheer on Amavasya Tithi is considered highly auspicious. So, prepare Kheer on this day and add small pieces of Chapati to it. Then keep these pieces on the terrace to feed the crows. By doing this, you will attain the blessings of Pitra Devta and lead a happy life.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Thank you for staying connected with AstroSage!