The Full Moon (Purnima), which arrives during the month of Chaitra is known as Chaitra Purnima. It is also named Chaiti Poonam. Chaitra Purnima is said to be of great importance, because Chaitra month is considered to be the first month of the Hindu year. On this day, there is a tradition of worshipping Lord Satya Narayan and observing a fast.
A full Moon or Purnima arrives every month, which means that there are 12 full Moons in a year. However, due to one more month being added to the calendar this year, there will be 13 full Moons in total. Moon Lord or Chandra Dev is worshiped at night on the day of Chaitra Purnima. There is also a tradition of celebrating Hanuman Jayanti on this day in North India. Bathing in any holy river or reservoir on this day and making donations after that can turn to be very virtuous on the day of Chaitra Purnima. It is believed that by doing such a human being attains virtues of a lifetime.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call & Know Everything About Career, Finance, Health Etc.
Chaitra Purnima 2021 Muhurat
For those who do not know the dates and timings of Chaitra Purnima this year, then we would like to inform you that it will be observed on 27 April 2021, Tuesday.
If you wish to know the Shubh Muhurat, then you can take a look at the table mentioned below.
|Chaitra Purnima Begins||12:46:12 on April 26, 2021|
|Chaitra Purnima Ends||09:03:15 on April 27, 2021|
Chaitra Purnima Pujan Vidhi
There is a tradition of making donations, charity, taking holy baths, observing fasts and Pujas on the day of Chaitra Purnima. Let us find out the Pujan Vidhi for this day.
- On the day of Chaitra Purnima, wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- If possible, take a bath in a holy river or stepwell.
- After this, eulogize Surya Dec or the sun god. While doing this, chant the Surya Mantra and also offer Arghya to the Sun.
- Take an oath to observe the fast after bathing and worshipping Lord Satyanarayana.
- Worship Lord Chandra Dev methodically at night and offer water to him. After the puja rituals are complete, the person who is fasting should fill a pot with food and donate it to a needy person.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Chaitra Purnima : Why is it Important?
- As mentioned before, Chaitra Purnima is also known by the name of Cheti Punam. This fast helps a person to attain the supreme benediction of Lord Satya Narayan.
- It is also believed a native who observes the fast of Chaitra Navratri witnesses the fulfillment of one’s wishes, unfulfilled desires. It also helps one to get rid of all the sufferings and pains from his/her life.
For Astrological Remedies & Services, Visit: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
We hope that you will appreciate this blog of ours on Chaitra Purnima. Thankyou for connecting with us!!