On the sixth day of Navratri, the tradition of worshiping Goddess Katyayani, another incarnation of Goddess Durga. Even though all the nine forms of the Maa Durga are considered to be very attractive, this incarnation of the Goddess is described as compassionate.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
She was born to the sage Katyayan, due to which she came to be known as Katyayani Devi. Her body seems to be radiant and shiny and gold. The Goddess comes riding in a lion and has four arms. Mata Katyayani holds a sword in one hand and a lotus flower in the other. The remaining two hands of the mother are in Var Mudra and Abhaya Mudra.
The ones who worship the Goddess with a pure heart and mind definitely fulfills the wishes of her devotees. While offering your prayers to the goddess, you are advised to chant, “caṃdra hāsojja valakarā śārdū lavara vāhanā।kātyāyanī śubhaṃ dadyā devī dānava ghātini”/ “चंद्र हासोज्ज वलकरा शार्दू लवर वाहना।कात्यायनी शुभं दद्या देवी दानव घातिनि”.
Basically, by chanting this Mantra one is seeking blessings from the Goddess who comes riding on a horse and destroys all demons and evil forces.
For Immediate Problem Solving and Queries, Ask a Question Now !
How to Worship Goddess Katyayani?
- Wake up early in the morning and begin the Puja rituals after wearing new clothes.
- Coconut, Kalash, Gangajal, Kalava, Roli, Rice, Chunni, Honey, Agarbatti,Incense Sticks, Lights , Navaidya, Ghee etc. must be used to worship the Goddess on this day.
- Wrap the coconut in a sieve and place it on the urn(installed during the first day of Navratri).
- Mother Katyayani should apply roli, turmeric and vermilion.
- Later on, Offer flowers to the Goddess while chanting the mantra. You should also know that this mantra should be chanted 108 times and offer flowers only after that. The Mantra which should be chanted is given below
‘kaṃcanābhā varābhayaṃ padmadharāṃ mukaṭojjavalāṃ।smeramukhīṃ śivapatnī kātyāyanī namostute॥’/‘कंचनाभा वराभयं पद्मधरां मुकटोज्जवलां।स्मेरमुखीं शिवपत्नी कात्यायनी नमोस्तुते॥’
- There is also a necessity of using honey for the Puja rituals commemorated on this day. The Prasad of honey should only be distributed on the sixth day of Navratri.
- Light a ghee lamp in front of the idol of Goddess Katyayani.
Know Your Child’s Future With Board Results Exam Predictor
Which Colour Should be Worn While Worshipping goddess Katyayani?
Goddess Katyayani is also known as Mahishasura Mardini(the one who slayed Mahishasura). Katyayani Devi comes wrapped up in red clothes and her makeup also appears red. It is said that on the sixth day of Navratri, devotees try to concentrate on the Agya Chakra and the color of this Chakra happens to be blue. Therefore, wearing blue clothes on this day is favoured while worshipping Goddess. Readers should also know that the color blue (vivid blue color) also increases the favorable effects of Venus.
Worship Goddess Skandamata for these Benefits
- If a person is encountering problems while getting married, then they are advised to worship Katyayani Devi.
- A person fasting on Katyayani Devi attains suyoga.
- Fasting on this day reserved Katyayani Devi provides a native with success in various fields and also removes all kinds of obstacles from one’s one.
- Apart from this, it is believed that the worship of Katyayani Devi, the sixth incarnation of Maa Durga, also removes major Doshas Kaal Sarp Dosha and the ones created by Rahu. .
- Worshipping Goddess Katyayani with a devoted heart and mind removes major diseases of the skin, brain, etc. Along with this, serious ailments like cancer can also be kept away by worshipping Goddess Katyayani.
Find Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator
Astrological Input on Goddess Skandamata
According to the calculations put forth by astrology, Devi Katyayani is also the presiding deity of the planet Venus. So, the ill effects of Venus also come to an end after worshipping this particular Goddess.
Wish you a very happy and prosperous Navratri!!