One of the objectives of fasts and festivals observed in Hinduism is to provide happiness and peace in our lives. However, with such distressing times dominating our present, several doubts have emerged in our mind, hereby making us stressed and always doubting what’s next. In such a situation, if you wish to get astrological guidance from our experts and seek a solution to your problems, you can click here now and get connected with them.
Connect With World’s Best Astrologers On Call @ AstroSage Varta
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi is celebrated twice a year, namely Paush Shukla Paksha Ekadashi and Shravan Shukla Paksha Ekadashi. Both of these Ekadashi are known as Putrada Ekadashi. Putrada Ekadashi is celebrated with great pomp across the country. One of the popular beliefs about this fast is that by observing it and performing all the rituals, one gets blessed with a child as well as salvation or Moksha after death.
Unending Problems? Ask a Question Now and Get Relevant Solutions!!
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi in 2020
According to the Hindu Panchang or Calendar, Ekadashi during the Paush Shukla Paksha is called Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. According to the Gregorian Calendar, this Ekadashi falls every year during the month of Sawan. This year, this Ekadashi will be celebrated on Thursday, 30 July 2020.
- Shravana Putrada Ekadashi Parana Time: 05:42:05 to 08:24:09 on 31st, July
- Duration: 2 Hours 42 Minutes
(This muhurat is applicable for New Delhi. Click here to know the correct Muhurat according to your city)
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi Vrat- Puja Rituals
- On this day, wake up in the morning and remember Lord Vishnu in your thoughts.
- Then take a clean bath and get dressed.
- After this, install a statue or picture of Shri Vishnu in the temple or place of worship and vow to observe the fast.
- Bathe the idol or statue of Lord Vishnu and put on new clothes.
- Offer Naivedyam to Lord Vishnu.
- Tulsi, seasonal fruits, and sesame seeds are used on Shravan Putrada Ekadashi.
- After this, light up incense sticks, lamps etc. in front of the idol of Lord Vishnu and worship duly. Perform his Aarti.
List of Hindu Festivals, Events & Fasts: Click Here
- No food must be consumed during the fast of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. It is only after carrying out the Puja in the evening and reciting the story that you can consume fruits.
- On this day, Bhajan-Kirtan-Jagran or vigils are organised throughout the night.
- After this, on the next day i.e. Dwadashi, feed the Brahmins and donate them according to your capacity. In case you cannot invite the Brahmins at your place, you can take out some portion in their names and donate it to a temple.
- After performing all the steps above, you can consume food and perform the Parana.
Advanced Health Report Will Put An End On Your Health Troubles!
Importance Of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi is considered to be of high importance in South India. According to Hinduism, observing this Ekadashi fast helps to attain virtuous outcomes equivalent to that of Vajpeyi Yagya. Also, childless couples are advised to observe this fast to get blessed from the Lord. It is highly believed that if a couple who is unable to bear a child fast on this day with the proper mindset and true devotion towards Lord Vishnu, they get blessed with a baby soon and happiness prevails in their life. It is also said about this fast that anyone who listens or recites or narrates the story of Putrada Ekadashi fast attains a place in Heaven.
Significant Life Lessons & Predictions With 250+ Pages Of Brihat Kundali
Things To Avoid On Shravan Putrada Ekadashi
- On the night of Dashami, you should not eat Honey, Chana or Gram, Green Curry or Saag, Masoor Ki Dal or Lentils and Betel Leaves or Paan at night.
- On the day of Ekadashi, you should avoid lying or carrying out bad or evil acts.
- Meat and alcohol should not be consumed on the day of Dashami.
- Rice and Brinjal should be avoided on the day of Ekadashi.
- You should not ask someone for food on the day of Ekadashi and Dashami
- Do not gamble or carry out such actions on the day of fast.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi Vrat Katha
In ancient times, there used to be a King named Suketuman in the city of Bhadravati Puri. They had no child until long after marriage, which made the King and the Queen worried. The King was worried about who would perform his last rites after his death? And who will perform the Tarpan rituals for the ancestors?
One day, the disturbed King went towards the forest. He started feeling thirsty while passing through dense forests for a long time. In search of water, the King reached a pond, where he came across an Ashram. He consumed the water and went on to pay a visit to the ashram. There, the Sages and Munis were reciting the Ved Path. After reaching there, the King bowed, greeted everybody with folded hands and asked about the reason behind chanting the Veda Path.
Do You Have Riches In Your Future? Order Your Raj Yoga Report Now!
Then the Sages and Munis told him that today is Ekadashi and whoever observes a fast on this day and worships with true devotion gets blessed with a child. Hearing this, the King pledged to keep the fast of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. After this, he observed the Ekadashi fast where he venerated the infant form of Krishna, Bal Gopal, and performed the Parana ritual the next day, i.e. on Dwadashi. With the effect of this fast, the King and his wife got blessed with a beautiful child in no time. Therefore, it is believed that whosoever observes this fast with true intentions gets blessed with children.
Know more about AstroSage Varta, a platform to attain Live Consultation From Premium Astrologers: Watch The Video
We hope you have liked our article. Thank you for being an important part of AstroSage. Stay tuned for more interesting blogs.