Know the glory of Maa Skandamata and appeasing mantras! Know the puja rituals for fifth day of Navratri, religious importance and auspicious muhurat!
Today, i.e. 3 October, 2019, the fifth day of Navratri is celebrated with great passion and devotion. On the fifth day of Navratri, it is a provision to venerate Maa Skandamata. The Goddess attained this name due to her being the mother of Skanda, i.e. Lord Kartikeya. It is believed that worshiping Maa Skandmata opens the doors to salvation, and the devotees acquire supreme happiness. Therefore, anyone who worships the Goddess on the fifth day gets his/her desires fulfilled.
Importance of Maa Skandamata in Astrology
Both Hinduism and Vedic Astrology glorifies the significance of Maa Skandamata. In the latter part, the Goddess is known to be the ruling deity of the planet Mercury or Budh. Therefore, venerating Maa Skandamata on the fifth day by following rituals and rites helps to decrease or get rid of any malefic influence or doshas formed by the negative placement of Mercury in one’s kundli. Hence, seek her blessings and ask for peace, stability and prosperity from the Goddess by venerating her.
Maa Skandamata in her Form
- Goddess Skandamata consists of four arms.
- Out of all, the Goddess holds Lotus in two hands, holding Kartikeya in one hand and one in a Abhaya Mudra or blessing posture.
- The Goddess sits on a Lotus, due to which she is also known as Padmasana.
- Devotees attain opulence and happiness by worshipping Maa Skandamata.
- This unique form of the Goddess is also worshiped by the devotees as Devi Agni in many places.
- In this beautiful and feminine form, the Goddess holds immense, motherly affection for her devotees.
Puja Rituals For Fifth Day Of Navratri
It is believed that by worshipping Maa Skandamata, the devotees get rid of any kind of diseases or sorrows. The puja rituals for the fifth day of Navratri is almost similar to other days:
- Before commencing with the rituals, worship the Kalash Devta, i.e.e Lord Ganesh with devotion.
- Offer flowers, Akshat, Roli, and Sandalwood to Lord Ganesha, bathe him with milk, curd, sugar, ghee, and honey, and offer the Prasad to him.
- After the prasad, offer Achman,Paan, and Betel nut to him.
- After worshiping the Kalesh Devta, worship the Navagraha or Nine Planets, Dash Dikpal, City Deity or Nagar Devta, and Village Deity or Gram Devta.
- Only after worshiping all of them, venerate Maa Skandamata as per the rituals.
- While worshiping the Goddess, take a Lotus flower in your hands and remember her name.
- After this, carry out the Panchopchar of the Goddess and then offer her red flowers, Sindoor, Akshat, Kumkum etc..
- Then perform the Goddess Aarti with Ghee and Camphor.
- At the end, chant the mantras and ask the Mother for forgiveness and peace.
Mantras To Appease Maa Skandamata
ॐ देवी स्कन्दमातायै नमः॥ / oṃ devī skandamātāyai namaḥ॥
सिंहासनगता नित्यं पद्माञ्चित करद्वया। शुभदास्तु सदा देवी स्कन्दमाता यशस्विनी॥
siṃhāsanagatā nityaṃ padmāñcita karadvayā। śubhadāstu sadā devī skandamātā yaśasvinī॥
Attain Success & Peace In Life By Wearing Gauri Shankar Rudraksha
Happy Navratri 2019 to all the readers from AstroSage! We hope that the blessings of Goddess Shakti Maa Skandamata remain on you forever.