Read the glory of Maa Brahmacharini and importance of worshipping her. Also know the rituals to worship and mantras to appease the Goddess.
On 30 September 2019, the second fast of Navratri will be observed. The second day of Navratri is dedicated towards venerating Maa Brahmacharini. According to the Hindu beliefs, this form of Maa Durga is considered to be the unmarried form of Maa Parvati, due to which she attained the name Brahmacharini. Brahmacharini is made of two words, “Brahm + Charini”. Brahma means penance, whereas Charini means the one who is ascetic. It is believed that by worshiping the Brahmacharini form of Maa Durga, the devotee attains success in life. Also, anyone who venerates the Goddess with true devotion attains her blessings and several other qualities such as austerity, renunciation, self-control and virtue.
Depiction of Maa Durga In The Form Of Maa Brahmacharini
- It is believed that the form of Goddess Durga as Goddess Brahmacharini is glorious.
- The face of Maa Parvati in her unmarried form glows as a result of the harsh tenacity performed by her.
- In this form, the Goddess shines in white clothes.
- The Goddess holds a Japa Mala in her right hand and Kamandal in her left hand.
Puja Rituals For The Second Day Of Navratri
Follow the rituals given below to venerate Dwevi Shakti on the second day of Navratri:
- Firstly, worship Lord Ganesha with proper rituals before commencing the veneration of Maa Brahmacharini.
- Offer flowers, Akshat, Roli, and Sandalwood to Lord Ganesha, bathe him with milk, curd, sugar, ghee, and honey, and offer the Prasad to him.
- After the prasad, offer Achman and then Paan, and Betel nut.
- After worshiping the Kalesh Devta, worship the Navagraha or Nine Planets, Dash Dikpal, City Deity or Nagar Devta, and Village Deity or Gram Devta.
- Only after worshiping all of them, venerate Maa Brahmacharini as per the rituals.
- While worshiping Maa Brahmacharini, take a flower in your hands and recite this mantra:
“दधाना करपद्माभ्यामक्षमालाकमण्डलू. देवी प्रसीदतु मयि ब्रह्मचारिण्यनुत्तमा।”
“dadhānā karapadmābhyāmakṣamālākamaṇḍalū. devī prasīdatu mayi brahmacāriṇyanuttamā।”
- After chanting the mantra, bathe the idol of the goddess with the Panchamrit and then offer flowers, Akshat, Kumkum, and Sindoor.
- During this time, offer a garland made of Arhool flower (a red-coloured flower) and lotus, as these both are dear to her.
- After the Prasad and Achman, offer Paan-Supari to the Goddess.
- Then perform the Goddess Aarti with Ghee and Camphor.
- After this, ask the mother for forgiveness and peace.
Mantra To Appease Maa Brahmacharini
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी रूपेण संस्थिता।
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नम:।।
दधाना कर पद्माभ्याम अक्षमाला कमण्डलू।
देवी प्रसीदतु मई ब्रह्मचारिण्यनुत्तमा।।
ॐ देवी ब्रह्मचारिण्यै नमः॥
yā devī sarvabhūteṣu mām̐ brahmacāriṇī rūpeṇa saṃsthitā।
namastasyai namastasyai namastasyai namo nama:।।
dadhānā kara padmābhyāma akṣamālā kamaṇḍalū।
devī prasīdatu maī brahmacāriṇyanuttamā।।
oṃ devī brahmacāriṇyai namaḥ॥
Wear To Attain Peace & Happiness in Life: Gauri Shankar Rudraksha
Happy Navratri 2019 to all the readers from AstroSage! We hope that with the blessings of Maa Brahmacharini, happiness and prosperity prevails in your life.