This Kaal Ashtami, commemorate these Puja rituals and get rid of the ill effects of Rahu. Additionally, find out the importance of Bhairav Ashtami and its benefits.
The festival of Kaal Ashtami, also known as Kaal Bhairav Jayanti is celebrated on the Ashtami Tithi of Krishna Paksha every month. On this special day, the Rudra Avatar or incarnation of Lord Shiva is worshipped. Dedicated to Kaal Bhairav, devotees fast on every Kalashtami that is celebrated throughout the year and make attempts to appease Lord Shiva, Mother Durga and Bhairavnath. This fast is celebrated on the Ashtami Tithi of Krishna Paksha of every month, hence it is also known as Kalashtami.
Shiva’s Rudra Avatar to Drive Out Negative Forces from the Universe
As per the Hindu Panchang, it is believed that if Ashtami Tithi is only Pradoshavapini on the first day and Madhyavavpini on the second day, then this festival will be celebrated on the first day i.e. on the day of Pradosha Papini. In such a situation, Kalashtami of Kartik month’s Krishna Paksha will be celebrated all over the country today i.e. 19 November, 2019. Ashtami of Krishna Paksha is also known as Bhairava Ashtami. It is believed that by worshiping the Rudra avatar of Lord Shiva on this day, each and every kind of negative energy spread in the household comes to an end. This has been said because as per Sanatan Dharma beliefs, it is stated that Lord Shiva adorned the Rudra Avatar only to execute the negative forces form the face of this Universe. In many states, Goddess durga is also worshipped on this day.
Kaal Ashtami : Associated Mythological Legends
As we have already mentioned, Kaal Bhairav is considered to be another incarnation of Lord Shiva. Hence, the Shastras state that those natives who observe special fasts on this day, along with worshipping Mahadev devotedly gain freedom from all his/her sins and Mahadev always saves such natives from facing the wrath of evil forces.
Along with this, the reverence of Kaal Bhairav helps one to remain at the receiving end of auspicious results instantly. Also, if there is any presence of Rahu Dosha in Kundli, then it also comes to an end at that very moment. Let us now have a look at the special considerations which should be kept in mind by the devotees while appeasing Lord Vairabh and anticipating positive results on the day of Bhairav Jayanti.
Also Read : Benefits of Reciting Shiva Tandav Stotram
Kaal Bhairav Jayanti: Complete Puja and Vrat Rituals
- Since Bhairav is hailed as the ruling deity of Tantriks( practitioners of esoteric science), the Kaal Bhairav Jayanti Puja should be commenced during the night time only.
- It is considered auspicious to feed food to black dogs on this day as it is believed that the same can help one to appease Bholenath.
- Along with worshipping Bhairavnath, one should also worship Mata Vaishnodevi on this day.
- Worshiping at night is more important on this day, especially one day before Bhairav Jayanti. Therefore, along with Kaal Bhairav, it is also important to worship Goddess Durga in the night.
- After commencing the Puja for the entire night, wake up early in the morning the next day before sunrise and wear clean clothes after taking a bath and then move on to worship Bhairav.
- As per the customs, the ash brought from the graveyard is offered to Lord Bhairav to perform his Puja.
- Additional benefits are obtained if one listens to the Kaal Bhairav Katha after the commencement of the Puja.
- During this day, one should chant Kaal Bhairav mantra, “ oṃ kāla bhairavāya namaḥ”/“ॐ काल भैरवाय नमः”
- Along with this, it is also considered auspicious to organize Goddess BaglaMukhi reverence to receive further positive results.
- On this day, donating food and clothes to the poor helps one to obtain good fortune.
- If possible, go to the temple on the day of Kalashtami and light a lamp of oil in front of Kalabhairava.
Click Here to Read : Remedies to Pacify Saturn
Things to Avoid During Kaal Bhairav Jayanti
Natives follow the tradition of fasting on the day of Kaal Bhairav Jayanti. Hence, some special regulations should be kept in mind while fasting which are mentioned below.
- Refrain from lying on the day of Kaal Jayanti and speak nothing but the truth.
- Natives who are observing fasts should not consume any food item on this day.
- Also, avoid the usage of salt on this day. If possible, one can use rock salt on this day.
- Do not spread any dirt around you. Clean the entire household specially on this day.
- Do not harm any dog on this day. If possible, offer them food as it helps one to appease Lord Bholenath easily.
- Seek the blessings of your parents and Gurus.
- One should not commemorate any Puja before worshipping Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati on the day of Bhairav Jayanti.
- One should not sleep during the previous night of Bhairav Jayanti. During this time, the entire members of the household should worship Kaal Bhairav and Goddess Durga.
We hope that you will appreciate this blog of ours on Kaal Ashtami. We wish you a very happy Kaal Bhairav Jayanti. Thankyou for staying connected with AstroSage!!