With the beginning of this new month, people are expecting some good news since the ongoing pandemic has completely destroyed people’s dreams and expectations. Amidst this, several questions must be arising within you about your upcoming future. On this note, you can click here and connect with our astrologers to get best astrological solutions and consultations about life problems.
You can also get your personalised Brihat Kundli and find out how these upcoming planetary events, festivals and other celestial movements can impact your upcoming future and various other aspects of your life. Now let us read about Devshayani Ekadashi.
Unending Problems? Ask a Question Now and Get Relevant Solutions!!
There are two Ekadashi falling in every lunar month, out of which the first Ekadashi falls during the Shukla Paksha and the second during the Krishna Paksha. The day of Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Ekadashi falling during the Shukla Paksha in the month of Ashada is called Devshayani Ekadashi.
Devshayani Ekadashi is also known by the names of Ashadhi Ekadashi, Harishayani Ekadashi and Padmanabha Ekadashi. Devshayani Ekadashi falls in the month of June or July according to the English Calendar. It is believed that this is the time when Lord Vishnu goes into a deep sleep for four months in Kshirsagar. This is why it is also known as Harishayani Ekadashi. Chaturmas also begins from this day. You can click here to know more about this day.
Significant Life Lessons & Predictions With 250+ Pages Of Brihat Kundali
Devshayani Ekadashi Muhurat in 2020
This year, Devshayani Ekadashi will be celebrated on 1 July 2020, on Wednesday.
|Devshayani Ekadashi Parana Muhurat: 2 July- From 05:27:14 To 08:14:24|
|Duration: 2 Hours 47 Mins|
List of Hindu Festivals, Events & Fasts: Click Here
Devshayani Ekadashi Puja Rituals
It is believed that from the day of Devshayani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu goes to deep, nocturnal sleep for four months. In such a situation, certain rituals are said to be followed before the Lord Vishnu goes into sleep. On this day, devotees observe a fast for him.
- Devotees who observe the fast for Devshayani Ekadashi should wake up early in the morning, bathe and wear clean clothes.
- After this, clean the place of worship, place the idol or picture of Lord Vishnu and then perform the worship through the Shodashopachara method.
- Offer yellow clothes, yellow flowers, yellow offerings, yellow sandalwood etc. to Lord Vishnu.
Find Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator
- Offer betel nuts, etc. to Lord Vishnu and then burn incense sticks and lamps.
- When venerating Lord Vishnu, you must chant the mantra: ‘सुप्ते त्वयि जगन्नाथ जमत्सुप्तं भवेदिदम्। विबुद्धे त्वयि बुद्धं च जगत्सर्व चराचरम्।।/supte tvayi jagannātha jamatsuptaṃ bhavedidam। vibuddhe tvayi buddhaṃ ca jagatsarva carācaram।।”
- After this, feed the Brahmins and the needy, coffee them donations and only then eat something after that. However, since it is mandatory to practice social distancing during this time, you can take out a portion for them in their name and drop it off at the temple while following the safety guidelines.
- On this day, people wake up in the night and worship Lord Vishnu in several places.
- On the day of Ashadhi Ekadashi, offer Lord Vishnu to go to sleep, and only then you must go ahead.
Advanced Health Report Will Put An End On Your Health Troubles
Importance of Devshayani or Ashadhi Ekadashi
From the day of Ashadhi Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu goes into deep sleep for four months. This day is also considered as the beginning of the Chaumas. Due to Lord Vishnu being asleep, auspicious or religious activities such as marriage or Yagna are forbidden to carry out. Ascetics who visit places to perform meditation and austerity too refrain from carrying out such acts.
It is believed that during these four months, Braj becomes the main pilgrimage habitat, due to which Ascetics can only visit Braj if they want during this time. After four months when Lord Vishnu wakes up from his deep sleep, that day is celebrated with fervour and is known as Prabodhini Ekadashi or Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
However, this time, Chaturmas is going to last for a total of 148 days, i.e. five instead of four months. Along with this, this Chaturmas is also considered special, and the reason is that after 160 years, both the Leap Year and Adhikmas are coincidently occurring together. Read more about this special coincidence by clicking here.
Things To Avoid During Chaturmas
During the period of Chaturmas, crying out some acts is considered forbidden. Below we have provided you with a quick list of things you must avoid:
- If you want to make your voice heard amongst everyone, then avoid eating jaggery.
- If you wish to add to your life span or want to bear a son, you are required to give up oil.
- It would be very good for you to avoid sleeping on a bed.
- Do not consume honey, radish, brinjal, and parwal etc. during this time.
- If someone else offers you Dai-Bhat or a dish consisting of only yoghurt and rice, do not eat it.
- Apart from this, if you wish to have a prosperous and fruitful family chain, then consume milk on a regular basis.
Raj Yoga In Your Kundli? Raj Yoga Report Reveals It All
Ashadhi Ekadashi: Mythological Significance
According to the legend associated with Ashadhi Ekadashi, also known as Devshayani Ekadashi, it is narrated that “There used to be a king named Mandhata a long time ago. Since the King was noble-hearted and virtuous, his subjects remain always happy and prosperous. But one time, no rainfall occurred for three straight years, which led to a state of famine. His subjects who were happy and content were living in disappointment.
Seeing the condition of his subjects, the King thought that it would be appropriate to go to the forest to find a way to get his subjects out of this misery. On his way to the forest, the King reached the ashram of the Sage Angira. The Sage asked the King the reason for his troubles to which he replied by expressing his grief in one go. The Sage then advised the King to observe the fast of Ashadhi Ekadashi.
For All Astrological Solutions, Click Here: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Having obeyed the Sage, the King returned to his kingdom and advised his subjects to devote themselves by observing this fast. The impact of fasting and worshipping was such that it rained once again, which made the entire state financially prosperous. It is believed that by doing this fast dedicated to Lord Vishnu, all the wishes of the native gets fulfilled.
Hope you have liked the information. Thank you all for being a part of AstroSage