The year 2020 has completely shattered people’s expectations. With the onset of Coronavirus outbreak from the past few months, people are restricted to their homes and prohibited from moving out. Adding onto it, Chaturmas is beginning from July 1, after which carrying out any auspicious work will be forbidden for the next five months. You can click here and get answers to your doubts and questions related to this event from our expert astrologers.
Significant Life Lessons & Predictions With 250+ Pages Of Brihat Kundali
Chaturmas this year will stretch up to five months i.e. 148 days, which is why carrying out any auspicious ceremony or task such as Marriage, Housewarming Ceremony etc. will have to be discarded. In such a case, several questions about Chaturmas are rising in the minds of people. Through this article, we will give you all the information related to Chaturmas, which will make your upcoming five months special. Also, what are the precautions that should be taken is also mentioned in this article. You can click here now and read our previous blog to know in detail about Chaturmas.
List of Hindu Festivals, Events & Fasts: Click Here
Lord Vishnu Resides At King Bali’s During Chaturmas
Not only humans but even Gods fall asleep for a specified period of time. This act also holds high importance from a religious point of view. From tomorrow i.e. July 1, Lord Vishnu will remain absorbed in deep sleep in Kshirsagar for the coming five months. With this, Chaturmas will begin.
It is believed that Lord Vishnu resides for four months with Bali, the King of Patala and remains absorbed in Yoga Nidra on Devshayani Ekadashi. Now from July 1, Lord Vishnu is going to be absorbed in deep sleep or Yoga Nidra. Therefore, this will be the time when carrying out all auspicious works and activities will be completely forbidden.
Will you attain success in life? Ask A Question & find out the answer!
Chaturmas will conclude with the occurrence of Devotthan Ekadashi, also known as Prabodhini Ekadashi. As soon as Devotthan Ekadashi ends, you can resume all of your auspicious tasks and projects again. It is said that Lord Vishnu wakes up from his deep sleep on the day of Prabodhini Ekadashi after Devshayani Ekadashi. This year, Prabodhini Ekadashi falls on 25 November.
Why Performing Auspicious Tasks Is Forbidden in Chaturmas?
Chaturmas begins with the Devshayani Ekadashi and its significance has been very much mentioned in our culture and scriptures. It is said that when Lord Vishnu falls in deep sleep or Yoga Nidra, demonic powers begin to rise. This is why all auspicious tasks including Marriage Ceremony, Engagement Ceremony, Housewarming or Griha Pravesh Ceremony and Mundan or Tonsure Ceremony are banned, as this time isn’t considered auspicious to carry out such auspicious activities.
It is also believed that when Lord Vishnu goes into deep sleep for the next four months, Lord Shiva saves the earth from demonic domination. That is why, during these four months, special prayers are offered to Lord Shiva to seek his blessings for a prosperous life ahead.
To Attain Success In Your Career & Education: Order Your CogniAstro Report Now!
Do’s During Chaturmas
- Chaturmas is also called a period of self-restraint in our scriptures, in which a person should perform certain tasks regularly. Some of them are as follows:
- During Chaturmas, get up early in the morning and take a bath.
- After this, wear clean clothes, and perform special prayers dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- During the puja, one should chant the mantras of Lord Vishnu with devotion.
- Offer yellow-colored sweets to Lord Vishnu as Bhoga and use yellow-colored fruits and flowers as puja ingredients.
- Follow Brahmacharya during Chaturmas and make donations in the temple.
For Effective Financial Predictions & Remedies: Order Finance Report Now!
Things To Avoid During Chaturmas
- It is advisable to take special care of your eating habits in these months.
- Stay away from meat, liquor, garlic, onion etc. during this period.
- Do not backbite, cheat or condemn anyone behind their back.
- During these five months, do not eat food from a bronze pot or utensil.
- Apart from this, applying oil on your body during Chaturmas is prohibited.
- Chaturmas originally consists of four months, during which consuming Saag and green vegetables in the month of Sawan, Curd in the month of Bhadon, Milk in the month of Ashwin and Dal or pulses during Kartik month is considered forbidden.
- Also, do not travel frequently during this period.
Chaturmas Is Special For Those Who Practice Meditation & Yoga
Right from the beginning of the year, people have been struggling with the ongoing Corona crisis and postponing all their works for the time to come. As any auspicious task has to be dropped out during these five months, this time can be fully utilized by natives in regards to their health.
Advanced Health Report Will Put An End On Your Health Troubles
Currently, the first priority itself is health for everyone in today’s time. But do you know that the period of Chaturmas is ideal for performing Yoga and Meditation? Yes! This is because during this time, along with physical and mental state, the environment and atmosphere remain good.
We all know that Yoga is regarded as the best tool to fight against Coronavirus and increase your immunity. So in these five months, you can improve your health multifold by including yoga and meditation in your life. Also, fasting devotedly and performing good deeds or Karma in these five months will yield fruitful results.
For All Astrological Solutions, Click Here: AstroSage Online Shopping Store
Hope you have liked the information. Thank you all for being a part of AstroSage.