The tradition of worshipping Goddess Kushmanda on the fourth day of Navratri is followed by various natives all across the country.
Have Problems? Receive Astrological Solutions: Ask A Question
This Goddess, who possesses eight arms is also known as Asthbhuja Devi. She holds a kamandal, bow, arrow, lotus, nectar-filled Kalash, Chakra and mace in her hands respectively and holds a rosary for chanting with her eighth arm. She sits on a lion throne.
It has been said about the Goddess that she resides inside the Surya Mandal or the Solar system. Hence, it is believed that only Goddess Kushmanda has the ability to influence the entire Solar system. Beliefs also state that this particular Goddess provides energy and radiance to the Sun.
Most Accurate Career Counselling For You: CogniAstro Professional Report
If we talk about the meaning of the Goddess’ name, then Kushmanda is originally a Sanskrit word which is the amalgamation of three words, ‘Ku’ stands for small, Ushma stands for energy and finally ‘Anda’, which means oval. Worshipping this incarnation of the Goddess ensures prosperity and riches in one’s household and life. Also, don’t forget to recite the Mantra given below while worshipping Goddess Kushmanda.
Mantra : oṃ devī kūṣmāṇḍāyai namaḥ,/ ॐ देवी कूष्माण्डायै नमः
How to Worship Goddess Kushmanda
- Wake up early in the morning on this day and pay reverence to the Kalash, which was established during the first day of Navratri.
- Afterwards, eulogize Goddess Kushmanda and if possible try to commemorate the rituals after sitting on a green colored apostle.
- Offer incense sticks, lights and Naivedya to the Goddess.
- Also, offer fruits to the Goddess. Apart from this, you can also offer Malpua(fried sweet dishes) to the Goddess.
- While worshipping the Goddess, recite “surāsampūrṇa kalaśaṃ rudhirāplutameva ca। dadhānā hastapadmābhyāṃ kūṣmāṇḍā śubhadāstu me” /“सुरासम्पूर्ण कलशं रुधिराप्लुतमेव च। दधाना हस्तपद्माभ्यां कूष्माण्डा शुभदास्तु मे” and wish fir the prosperity of your household.
- Once the Puja rituals are complete, distribute the Prasad and seek blessings from everyone.
Which Colours Should be Worn while Worshipping Goddess Kushmanda?
It is believed that Goddess Kushmanda who is worshipped on the fourth day of Navratri, resides in the Solar system. It was Goddess Kushmanda who created the existence of this Universe and imbibed the entire creation in herself. The Goddess is also considered the Goddess of greenery and nature, because of which the colour she represents is also green. So, if you are getting engaged in the Puja rituals on this day, then you should wear green coloured clothes.
Find Out How Strong is your Immunity with the Immunity Calculator!
Benefits of Worshipping Goddess Kushmanda
- Worshipping Goddess Kushmanda negates all kinds of fears and doubts from your mind.
- Kushmanda Devi removes sorrows, pains, etc. from the seekers’ life and blesses them with long life, fame, strength and wisdom.
- It is said about Goddess Kushmanda that she can be pleased very easily. In such a situation, complete the Puja rituals with extreme diligence to witness the fulfillment of your wishes.
- If a person fails to acquire the desirable results after performing extreme hard work and diligence, then they should definitely worship Goddess Kushmanda.
Astrological Facts Associated with Goddess Kushmanda
Goddess Kushmanda is the one who provides guidance to Surya Dev or the planet Sun. Hence, you should definitely worship her to get rid of the negative effects of the planet Sun.